Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone offering upgrade from FTTC to 500mb SIRO

Options
  • 15-12-2020 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Had A VF rep call to my house today offering an upgrade from FTTC to 500mb SIRO at no extra cost for installation or modem and a freeze on my FTTC price for the duration of a 12 month contract. I had been considering SIRO recently because with all the extra streaming in the last while, FTTC has left a lot to be desired so I was happy to sign up. Just wondering if anybody else has been offered the deal and are there any snags?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Are you already with VF? Because their FTTH leaves a lot to be desired, but if your connection is already with them then don't expect it to be any better. My VF gigabit has been a huge disappointment. I'm lucky that after my contract is up that I can go back to Virgin but I'd go to Eir if I didn't have that choice and that says something given Eirs reputation ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Are you already with VF? Because their FTTH leaves a lot to be desired, but if your connection is already with them then don't expect it to be any better. My VF gigabit has been a huge disappointment. I'm lucky that after my contract is up that I can go back to Virgin but I'd go to Eir if I didn't have that choice and that says something given Eirs reputation ATM.

Yes I am with VF and never had any issues really. Is it SIRO you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Out of interest how much is your current FTTC?
    500Mbps on SIRO is 30 euro per month for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

boardzz wrote: »
    Out of interest how much is your current FTTC?
    500Mbps on SIRO is 30 euro per month for 12 months.

FTTC is €45 pm. Is the €30 offer available to existing customers and does it include modem and installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whatever you do order on the phone not with a door to door rep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had FTTC with VF and no way would they upgrade me for free in Oct or give me the new customer rate (or even close to it).
    I then moved to PURE. And I found it refreshing not having to wait ages on the phone on hold or getting a reply quickly from support.

Advertisement