Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General question about a load.

Options
  • 15-12-2020 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I'm just curious about something. I have a double socket in my kitchen which showed browning on one of the 'holes'

In this double socket there is an electric kettle and also a 4 slice toaster. Is this load to much if both are on at the same time? I am wondering why it went like that and if I should seperate the two appliances.

Cheers all

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Low quality sockets are more prone to issues such as this.
    I would change the socket outlet to a quality brand such as MK.
    These are normally specified for government buildings, schools, collages, offices and nice homes :)

There are of course other options avaialble, but this is what i use in my own home and so far no issues + they look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

2011 wrote: »
    Low quality sockets are more prone to issues such as this.
    I would change the socket outlet to a quality brand such as MK.
    These are normally specified for government buildings, schools, collages, offices and nice homes :)

There are of course other options avaialble, but this is what i use in my own home and so far no issues + they look great.

What is the general opinion of BG sockets. I was looking at one which incorporated a WiFi repeater circuit

Advertisement