Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency Exchange in Limerick City

Options
  • 15-12-2020 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey there,

I'm looking for a place in Limerick city where I can exchange a couple hundred pounds to euro. Anything within 10 km from the centre will do. I'm having an account with EBS which don't do currency exchange. Other banks want me to have an account with them before exchanging... Personel in my branch advised me to check hotels (some might do it) and the airport (might be not possible due to deadliness rampaging the streets).

Anyone know of any place in Limerick that is open and active to do currency exchange? I didn't expect it to be such a hassle.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Im pretty sure the post office may be able to assist? You can certainly exchange euros for pounds so I cant imagine it would be too much hassle the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pirron

La Bamba wrote: »
    Im pretty sure the post office may be able to assist? You can certainly exchange euros for pounds so I cant imagine it would be too much hassle the other way around!

I tried that already. They are only selling pounds...

Thanks for the tip though!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

Credit Union might be worth a shout.

https://www.no1currency.ie/currency-exchange-castletroy/

AnonZen wrote: »
    Credit Union might be worth a shout.

Members only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Do you know someone in Limerick with a bank account or are you new around here.?
    If you do get them to change it for you.

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »
    Do you know someone in Limerick with a bank account or are you new around here.?
    If you do get them to change it for you.

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I would never guess it's so hard. It was a breeze back in the days.

Advertisement