Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed roof sheeting

Options
  • 13-12-2020 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi. I’m in the process of putting up a new machinery shed. Just wondering I see there is some sheeting for sale at €1.60 a foot new. It’s pvc coated and 0.55mm.
    Does sound a lot cheaper than all the rest.
    Anyone used cheaper sheeting before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

Matty6270 wrote: »
    Hi. I’m in the process of putting up a new machinery shed. Just wondering I see there is some sheeting for sale at €1.60 a foot new. It’s pvc coated and 0.55mm.
    Does sound a lot cheaper than all the rest.
    Anyone used cheaper sheeting before

At the price you could double it up and it would still be cheaper than the stuff some crowds are offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭older by the day

Maybe a machinery shed would be ok as you won't have as much condensation as a cattle shed. I fecked up ten years ago and put cheap sheeting on a weanling shed. It's leaking around the nail holes. You can stick your finger down around them. Pure paper. Go tegral or some trusted brand and pay once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Is there much of a difference between .5 and .6 sheeting lads got a quote for 70x28 of a shed coming in at 1800 for .6 and 1680 for .5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

lab man wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between .5 and .6 sheeting lads got a quote for 70x28 of a shed coming in at 1800 for .6 and 1680 for .5

The difference is like night and day. I put up a shed here a couple of years ago , I went for the heavier gauge, it was around €200 more for the shed. But it's a far better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

lab man wrote: »

They reckon the lighter stuff should only b ed used on the sides of the shed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement