Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder Rates Cork

Options
  • 13-12-2020 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Looking to have a childminder for our little girl in January for 3 days a week she is in junior infants so we just need her collected from the school at 1 and we would pick her up at around 5. It would be just 3 days a week we were suggesting €25 a day is that rate fair ?

Comments

Sounds very low, minimum wage is €10.10 an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

I believe the rate is about 5 euro an hour if the child is being minded in someone else's home. Food may or may not being included in this and it depends also if the minder has other kids too.
    If the child is being in her own home, the parents are seen as employers and seemingly about 15 an hour is the rate for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

shane b wrote: »
    I believe the rate is about 5 euro an hour if the child is being minded in someone else's home. Food may or may not being included in this and it depends also if the minder has other kids too.
    If the child is being in her own home, the parents are seen as employers and seemingly about 15 an hour is the rate for that.

She will be in the Childminder’s house about 4 hours a week for 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

I assume you meant 4 hrs a day for 3 days = 12 hours a week. I can only go on what we were paying last year for Senior infants ie 25 euro a day for 5 hours. Our minder had 3 other kids to mind as well as her 2 so it was a busy house.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

shane b wrote: »
    I assume you meant 4 hrs a day for 3 days = 12 hours a week. I can only go on what we were paying last year for Senior infants ie 25 euro a day for 5 hours. Our minder had 4 other kids to mind as well as her 2 so it was a busy house.

Ya that’s what I meant it be 12 hours a week to start with all depend on how long note working from home lasts with covid but I will suggest 25 a day to her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement