Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung s8 and Android Auto

Options
  • 12-12-2020 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but will ask anyway.

Simply put we bought a new car earlier this year and one of the pluses for the new car was being able to use Android Auto.

So android auto was working perfect on my s8 up until 2 months ago then just stopped.

Tried numerous different cables and nothing. Deleted and installed app again and nothing.

It’s as if the head unit in the car doesn’t even recognize there’s a phone connected over usb.

Tried my wife’s old Samsung a70 and works perfect, tried an old Samsung s6 I had and works perfect.

It’s doing my head in, i didn’t change any settings that I know of and it’s annoying me that it’s something simple.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

the kelt wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right forum but will ask anyway.

Simply put we bought a new car earlier this year and one of the pluses for the new car was being able to use Android Auto.

So android auto was working perfect on my s8 up until 2 months ago then just stopped.

Tried numerous different cables and nothing. Deleted and installed app again and nothing.

It’s as if the head unit in the car doesn’t even recognize there’s a phone connected over usb.

Tried my wife’s old Samsung a70 and works perfect, tried an old Samsung s6 I had and works perfect.

It’s doing my head in, i didn’t change any settings that I know of and it’s annoying me that it’s something simple.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Backup whats needed on the phone and try a factory reset, then also remove the phone from the car settings. Try again then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

There was an Oct update on the S8 which has made my WIFI glitchy and battery seems to drain faster.

Id agree to backup the phone and do a factory reset but if it is the Oct update, this could still be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

There was an Oct update on the S8 which has made my WIFI glitchy and battery seems to drain faster.

Id agree to backup the phone and do a factory reset but if it is the Oct update, this could still be an issue.

Im trying to avoid the factory reset, having to set up all connections etc again, also its a company phone with work software etc that im wary of having to get set up again which is a bit more awkward with the office closed.

Its funny you mention that cos ive noticed issues with the battery etc since then but will have to give the factory reset a go i think.

Advertisement