Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie contact number?

Options
  • 12-12-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All

I posted an ad for an apartment I’m renting for the first time in Dublin yesterday on daft.ie. The fee to list being a very saucey fee (imo) of €59. A few minites after posting, the ad was removed and my account suspended?! No email from daft to say why and no way of contacting them except for a form on their website. I filled out the form but no reply of course. Is there any phone number for them?

Its beyond me how they would remove an ad and not contact me first or even afterwards if there was an issue with it, especially when I’ve already paid for it! Of course they have an absolute monopoly on the market and nobody to answer to - is there any entity I could complain to? Its beyond me how they could treat a customer like this.

I have been trying to think of reasons why they would remove it, Im thinking its because I didnt include a mobile number on the ad itself (there is one on my account), reason for not including is I dont want hundreds of calls and would rather arrange viewings by email. If the inclusion of a phone number in the ad is required, why not make that a required field when creating an ad? Very frustrating that they dont contact you if there is an issue and you just have to second guess what the issue may have been. Im out of Dublin in a week and so want to have the ad posted in good time before I leave so I can arrange viewings etc. - no way Im going to be able to do that if daft dont get back to me until mid week or at all!

Any contact details for daft would be much appreciated or if you know anyone working there better again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

https://support.daft.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360002061378-House-Rules-For-Advertisers

If you’ve contacted Daft support you will need to wait until Monday when they return to work.

Your ad will not have been removed for lack of phone number, email address is sufficient. Think about what you posted in your ad that breached the rules I’ve linked above, did you say something stupid like no hap, professionals only etc.....it’s discriminatory and will not be accepted by daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭meijin

even writing "single room" triggers their filter, as discriminating people on being "single" is not allowed on daft

you'd get an automated email about it though

check your spam folder for emails

Advertisement