Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Ireland. the I love Ireland thread.

Options
  • 12-12-2020 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

I miss you ...my people ..walking about ..normally talking to ye ...

Messing around with other young wans in the pub. Having interesting conversations.

I love Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I think we need an Ireland appreciation thread.

Cover versions of come out ye black and tans (ironically) and the odd comment as gaelige welcome.

Ireland...Ireland...together standing tall...shoulder...to shoulder...what's that fenian bastard doing over there?

Ireland...Ireland...together standing tall...shoulder...to shoulder...what's that fenian bastard doing over there?

Hahahahaahaa

This FINALLY gets settled TONIGHT! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Grey, grim, overpriced and inhabited by mostly stupid ignorant people. I love Ireland.

Grey, grim, overpriced and inhabited by mostly stupid ignorant people. I love Ireland.

Awh its so kind of you to mention me! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I love sh1te weather, turf and stew

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Interesting folk but depressing place bar a few months in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

I miss you ...my people ..walking about ..normally talking to ye ...

Messing around with other young wans in the pub. Having interesting conversations.

I love Ireland.

Soppy bastard showing your feelings. Best for you to stay gone and not infect us with your emotions:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There are worse places most certainly... worse people too... it’s alright, thought they’d have fixed the weather though...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

beerguts wrote: »
    Soppy bastard showing your feelings. Best for you to stay gone and not infect us with your emotions:mad:

She's more of a ''Glorious Bi Atch' . She's not gone anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Interesting folk but depressing place bar a few months in the summer.

I really don't get or see this grey, grim, overpriced or depressing place that people often mention.

Ignoring all the Covid stuff this year, Ireland is a beautiful country with great countryside, coastline and towns and cities.

A vibrant social scene, love of arts and music, good quality food in our shops, and people who in my experience have an outlook on life and ability to enjoy life unlike many other nationalities I have met.

I've lived abroad in The Netherlands and the people to me whilst nice and friendly are dull and dour and speaking of grey, the whole country is practically one colour, towns all red or brown brick and not colourful like you'd see in Irish villages.

I know many may not like the weather, and I won't argue with it but even a few days ago it was bright and crisp which was nice and also we don't get extremes like other places.

I'm very happy to be back and I think people need to go abroad for a while to realise what is good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No matter how much money as a country you have you can never replicate the Cliffs Of Moher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I love how scenic the country is.

I don't love how it is run by times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Aside from Dublin and cork, a cultural backwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I live in Oman, a land of eternal sunshine and warm to extremely hot temperatures. It's stunningly beautiful, mountains, the Arabian sea, friendly and warm people, not unlike Irish people in fairness (unlike the rest of the Gulf).

But at this time of year, I can't wait to get back to walking into a warm pub from a cold night, fire blazing, pints of guinness, bacon fries and taytos. My breakfast overlooking my swimming pool this morning was really nice but I know which I'd rather.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I live in Oman

Should have chosen the UAE. What the hell is wrong with you!? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Haven’t been in my local more than 3-4 times since February; while I’m there last week three people came up (socially distanced on the other side of the table as they went the jacks!) and said they’d heard about my dad and that he was a gent. He’d been in his nursing home this four years past. Yet they remembered him and came to tell me. Two bought pints!

You rarely get that outside of Ireland. So it pisses down constantly - I’ll take the trade!!!

Should have chosen the UAE. What the hell is wrong with you!? :pac:

I chose Oman because it WASN'T the UAE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'd always say the greatest quality of life are outside the cities, but each to there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I chose Oman because it WASN'T the UAE!!

I drove across that border. Turned back 5 minutes in to Oman. A bit too third worldish (by comparison).

I concede more interesting scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I live in Oman, a land of eternal sunshine and warm to extremely hot temperatures. It's stunningly beautiful, mountains, the Arabian sea, friendly and warm people, not unlike Irish people in fairness (unlike the rest of the Gulf).

But at this time of year, I can't wait to get back to walking into a warm pub from a cold night, fire blazing, pints of guinness, bacon fries and taytos. My breakfast overlooking my swimming pool this morning was really nice but I know which I'd rather.

I feel for ya , im just pouring my Guinness onto my cornflakes as we speak.

I drove across that border. Turned back 5 minutes in to Oman. A bit too third worldish (by comparison).

I concede more interesting scenery.

Ah now you were in Buraimi. That's like driving from Ballsbridge into Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hows that house full of “influencers” going?

**** your Honda Civic.

Not exactly cultural hotbeds either tbh unless you've never actually set foot outside of Ireland. Actually I'd say you're from Cark yourself and only grudgingly included Dublin in what you wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not exactly cultural hotbeds either tbh unless you've never actually set foot outside of Ireland. Actually I'd say you're from Cark yourself and only grudgingly included Dublin in what you wrote.

Dublin without alcohol is like They Live when he puts the glasses on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Culture isnt big buildings and foreign clothes retailers. This country has a great deal of culture and most of it is out in the small country towns and villages.

Tig98 wrote: »
    Culture isnt big buildings and foreign clothes retailers. This country has a great deal of culture and most of it is out in the small country towns and villages.

Big Tom and Philomena etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Here we go again..

Dublin Vs the countryside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Here we go again..

Dublin Vs the countryside.

Actually, it's Dublin and Cork Vs the countryside....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement