Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impact wrench query?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

Just get a 1 inch extension and glue it to the drill problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

So I guess what you mean is that you don't have the ball bearing like bit on the 1/2 inch drive.

The other possible is a ring this video explains the two options you don't have

Now I've looked at my impact sockets and I notice that they all have a hole all the way through them that would aligned with the hole on the Bosch so what I suspect is that it maybe designed to use with one specific socket (not changed) and held in with a roll pin.

But this maybe what you need https://www.amazon.co.uk/BGS-32899-Holder-Impact-Wrench/dp/B00JABHQTS/ ?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

So I guess what you mean is that you don't have the ball bearing like bit on the 1/2 inch drive.

The other possible is a ring this video explains the two options you don't have

Now I've looked at my impact sockets and I notice that they all have a hole all the way through them that would aligned with the hole on the Bosch so what I suspect is that it maybe designed to use with one specific socket (not changed) and held in with a roll pin.

Ya the male ends on the extensions I bought have the bearings so I'm wondering why the wrench doesn't have it?

The accessories seem a little loose or easy to come off

I looked at a few images of wrenches and they don't seem to have a bearing?

Just wondering why

But there is also that O ring version that your drive seems to be shaped for.

But there is also that O ring version that your drive seems to be shaped for.

I'm lost now ? I'll look into it further

Thanks

• Advertisement

The round bit at the end of the square 1/2 drive section is grooved and looks like it can take a round split ring and rubber O ring which will hold the bits on.

OK with a bit of research it looks like this is how you are supposed to keep the impact socket in place https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-07043-4-inch-30-49mm-Impact/dp/B00623F1GC/

A pin through the socket then a rubber ring around the socket to hold the pin in place.

New to me but best I can offer if the end compression ring (previous post) doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Tool Holder: 1/2" External Square Friction Ring & Through Hole

They are not designed to be difficult to remove the tools, unless yours are actually falling out I wouldnt worry about fitting a pin.
    There is really no force applied that is trying to pull the tool out, you are always actually pushing it in when you use the driver.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Tool Holder: 1/2" External Square Friction Ring & Through Hole

They are not designed to be difficult to remove the tools, unless yours are actually falling out I wouldnt worry about fitting a pin.
    There is really no force applied that is trying to pull the tool out, you are always actually pushing it in when you use the driver.

Thanks that's what I was wondering

They're not falling out but i assumed the ring and pin should be fitted?

Maybe its optional for scaffolders and the like

• Advertisement
Advertisement