Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting copper pipes in downstairs toilet - do I paint the silver shut-off valves?

Options
  • 11-12-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

As shown in the pic - do I leave those unpainted or paint the whole lot white?
    I imagine they'd still work if I painted them?
    Any thoughts?
    (please don't ask me to box them in)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

If it was me, I would just paint the copper piping, leave the joint/cut-off valve alone.
    Or for a tidier job, put a plastic sleeve on the pipes; the one-euro shops often have them in their DIY sections.
    Or a possibly even tidier job, get some white pvc piping obviously with a larger diameter than the copper piping (like a waste pipe), cut out a section and "encase" the pipe and fitting in it with the cut-out section toward the back where it will be unseen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

small bit of sandpaper bring up the pipes. Clean copper can look well too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

listermint wrote: »

until the ammonia splash :D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

listermint wrote: »

0000 Steel wool might be better. I can see someone getting to grips with P40 sandpaper and leaving a lot less pipe behind than when they started :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement