Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer

Options
  • 11-12-2020 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

First time poster here! Just looking for some advice, myself and my other half are about 6 months or so off of going for a mortgage.

Just looking for some general advice, we plan to go to a broker at some point too but this is just to give me a general idea of what's needed, a rough what we could be offered and other other tips would be appreciated.

I've used some of the banks mortgage calculators online but some actual advice and tips from real people would be useful!

So as it stands we're putting away 1,900 a month, we will have saved over 30,000 in 6 months time and between us we're pulling in about 85,000 a year. I work shift work and as such get shift allowance and do overtime too so banks that take that into account are who we'd be aiming to go with.

So any advice at all, be it a rough idea of what we could be offered, or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Steb87 wrote: »
    Hi all,

First time poster here! Just looking for some advice, myself and my other half are about 6 months or so off of going for a mortgage.

Just looking for some general advice, we plan to go to a broker at some point too but this is just to give me a general idea of what's needed, a rough what we could be offered and other other tips would be appreciated.

I've used some of the banks mortgage calculators online but some actual advice and tips from real people would be useful!

So as it stands we're putting away 1,900 a month, we will have saved over 30,000 in 6 months time and between us we're pulling in about 85,000 a year. I work shift work and as such get shift allowance and do overtime too so banks that take that into account are who we'd be aiming to go with.

So any advice at all, be it a rough idea of what we could be offered, or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

85K a year will qualify you for a mortgage of 297,500 euro
    You will need to show 6 months savings or rent
    Clear bank accounts (no gambling accounts )
    The link below will give you a lot of tips

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058066263

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Steb87

Thank you so much, I'll have a gander!

Advertisement