Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Architekture

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

If you haven’t seen the 93 you haven’t seen pure beauty yet

You might want to zoom out a bit on your last link and double check the location

If you like architecture you should really check out Crumlin Shopping centre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Love France but prefer Italy and Spain for architecture, particularly the latter for modernist stuff.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Please, they don't hold a candle to the majesty that is the Barack Obama Plaza!

800px-Bronze_sculpture_of_Barack_and_Michelle_Obama_at_Barack_Obama_Plaza_-_1.jpg

hello Yourself, I like visit often the spire because it remind me of hippodirmic Needle. Then again dublin has lotsof attractives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The spike reminded me more of this after the bust happened here.

bill-receipt-spike-isolated-white-background-41505486.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I don't usually do this but my eyes are twitching.
    Architecture.
    Bordeaux

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Please, they don't hold a candle to the majesty that is the Barack Obama Plaza!

800px-Bronze_sculpture_of_Barack_and_Michelle_Obama_at_Barack_Obama_Plaza_-_1.jpg

I think in Ireland we have a remarkable talent for producing the most tasteless, ugly architecture. Amazing. Even the good things we build always seem around 5 years out of date.

I can't think of a single project in Ireland that could be considered futuristic or at the cutting edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Paris on a good day is a pure joy to walk around...

It’s a beautiful city, you can stumble into and down the most small, interesting, beautiful, quaint and unique streets, far from the tourist hotspots and find yourself in places like this... for decades here, things and places were built with functionality and budget in mind... in Paris, it’s more building for beauty...to enjoy a space, a place, to be enamored with being there and wanting to return.

galerie-Vivienne-inauguree-1826_0_728_415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No offence OP but those shopping centres are ****. Are you trolling?

Get yourself to Istanbul and visit the Grand Bazaar

60cc6d269d4a7a91cb048649832b4683.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I am also liking the archotektures of the Paris during many travelings to there.

Advertisement