Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Bia approved question

Options
  • 10-12-2020 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Recently got Bord Bia approved status but forgot to ask the question.
    I realise, bought in cattle have to be 70 days on the farm, but are cattle that were on the farm for the last 18 months+ immediately approved re. factory slaughter payments, or is there a "probation" period.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Recently got Bord Bia approved status but forgot to ask the question.
    I realise, bought in cattle have to be 70 days on the farm, but are cattle that were on the farm for the last 18 months+ immediately approved re. factory slaughter payments, or is there a "probation" period.

They'll be grand. Once your sure your approved and its on bord bia system then your 70 days is accounted for. You can ring the bord bia helpline yourself to make sure approval is on the system if your still fearful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Cherrs m8.

Definitely approved and definitely on the system, but was just wondering if the factory would have some deranged system which would say that they are only 3 days on a Bord Bia approved farm, as technically they were on a non approved farm prior to approval, if you know what I mean.

Cherrs m8.

Definitely approved and definitely on the system, but was just wondering if the factory would have some deranged system which would say that they are only 3 days on a Bord Bia approved farm, as technically they were on a non approved farm prior to approval, if you know what I mean.

I let mine lapse for 2 year but got it back going last March, once I passed the audit, and it was on the system, I was ready to go the next morning.
    I know your fear, and tbh that's still possible, I'd question the agent before I'd let them go.
    They are actively looking for cattle atm, so the ball is in the farmers court more than the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Looking to join myself., how far back do they check for audit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭hopeso

tellmeabit wrote: »

Anything from this year is all I had to show them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

hopeso wrote: »
    Anything from this year is all I had to show them.

Same here, and it was a virtual audit, i.e nobody calls out, just uploading pics and answering questions on the phone.

tellmeabit wrote: »

From memory, I think 6 months was sort of time frame they wanted for first audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Thanks. It's probably worth doing alright. Even if it's for organising myself. Do ye notice a price difference in mart, only sell to mart here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭893bet

From a cross compliance perspective it’s worth it. Forces you to keep stuff up to date.

Advertisement