Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo publician hero

Options
  • 10-12-2020 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone listened to the radio about the hero bring on site testing to his pub.
    Makes 100% sense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Up next, sports

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Like one of his pints of stout - I'd let it settle a while before declaring him a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭gifted

Like the football team....fade out before closing time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

elperello wrote: »
    Like one of his pints of stout - I'd let it settle a while before declaring him a hero.

I honestly can’t find any holes in his argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

He’ll be shut down on day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭Allinall

Attention seeking twat.

Like that fellow in Limerick in the first lockdown who said he was refusing to close. Opened for about two hours and then shut with his tail between his legs.

This guy will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

When is he opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Allinall wrote: »
    Attention seeking twat.

Like that fellow in Limerick in the first lockdown who said he was refusing to close. Opened for about two hours and then shut with his tail between his legs.

This guy will be the same.

Attention seeking is now the new description of trying to make a living and feed your family?

I'm gonna guess your job has been safe the last 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Attention seeking is now the new description of trying to make a living and feed your family?

But he's not trying to make a living, if he even opened his doors today, he'd be shut down immediately. It's a publicity stunt, no more, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

gifted wrote: »
    Like the football team....fade out before closing time...

Not a chance, this is our year.

I hope.

• Advertisement

Some people are incapable of minding their own business, especially those cloistered in secure jobs from home. More power to this fella for trying it on, even if he doesn't succeed. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, hopefully others follow in his footsteps. The traditional publicans have been abandoned in this country, they deserve every bit of our moral and financial support.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Matt Damon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

What's a publician?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Food pubs that are open at the moment do not insist on you partaking of food. Well that's my experience, although we do eat.

Seems to me that all pubs need a working kitchen and chef, and away you go whether you eat or not.

Sad for those without these facilities, but it seems to be the way policy is going.

Food pubs that are open at the moment do not insist on you partaking of food. Well that's my experience, although we do eat.

Seems to me that all pubs need a working kitchen and chef, and away you go whether you eat or not.

Sad for those without these facilities, but it seems to be the way policy is going.

Have you listen d to radio clip.
    I was really impressed I was expecting a healy-Rae go even type fella and then by then end of it I thought this guy was 100% right.

Worth listening too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Where can we hear this radio clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

We had 590 people die here in Germany yesterday due to COVID-19. A lot of this has been linked back to the decision made by some of the federations to reopen pubs and restaurants back in October/November. Gombeens like this lad in Ireland trying to make a stand are doing nothing only adding to the collective misery of the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Oops! wrote: »
    Where can we hear this radio clip?

He was on Claire Byrne and Newstalk you'll get them on the podcasts.

Did he even try to open? Or did he get the attention he wanted??

We had 590 people die here in Germany yesterday due to COVID-19. A lot of this has been linked back to the decision made by some of the federations to reopen pubs and restaurants back in October/November. Gombeens like this lad in Ireland trying to make a stand are doing nothing only adding to the collective misery of the nation.

Have you listened to what he proposed?
    Have you listened to the interview?
    I highly suspect you haven’t
    Could you tell me how are you going to get covid when everyone has been tested not two hours before with W.H.O approved test that are 99.9% accurate and the amount not people you are near for the remainder of the night are people who have been tested

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Did he even try to open? Or did he get the attention he wanted??
    https://www.goloudnow.com/pod-254675

elperello wrote: »
    He was on Claire Byrne and Newstalk you'll get them on the podcasts.[/https://www.goloudnow.com/pod-254675

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Some people are incapable of minding their own business, especially those cloistered in secure jobs from home. More power to this fella for trying it on, even if he doesn't succeed. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, hopefully others follow in his footsteps. The traditional publicans have been abandoned in this country, they deserve every bit of our moral and financial support.

They haven’t been abandoned... they can avail of the same help as anyone else who couldn’t go to work...

If people are trying it on and endangering even potentially society and the health thereof then it’s everybody’s business and those with concerns or who have a view are entitled to express it however they see fit. It’s a democracy.

They have financial support... moral support ? ...

Strumms wrote: »
    They haven’t been abandoned... they can avail of the same help as anyone else who couldn’t go to work...

If people are trying it on and endangering even potentially society and the health thereof then it’s everybody’s business and those with concerns or who have a view are entitled to express it however they see fit. It’s a democracy.

They have financial support... moral support ? ...
    You haven't listened to the interview
    How at the endangering people?
    Please !often to the interview and come back to me with an explanation of how they are endangering people

Bowlardo wrote: »

Yes, great, but did he actually open the doors tonight? Was he allowed open?

You haven't listened to the interview
    How at the endangering people?
    Please !often to the interview and come back to me with an explanation of how they are endangering people

I did listen to most of it.

Because like most publicans he won’t be turning away regulars.

Like most publicans he won’t be ensuring testing is done when the place is heaving...it will be all hands ‘to the pump’

According to the HSE and HIQA...this type of ‘rapid testing’ has in their words...‘reduced diagnostic accuracy ‘

This info is available to him, like anyone with the internet.... but.... he likes money and wants more of it.

I did listen to most of it.

Because like most publicans he won’t be turning away regulars.

Like most publicans he won’t be ensuring testing is done when the place is heaving...it will be all hands ‘to the pump’

According to the HSE and HIQA...this type of ‘rapid testing’ has in their words...‘reduced diagnostic accuracy ‘

This info is available to him, like anyone with the internet.... but.... he likes money and wants more of it.

Tests are done between 5pm-7pm
    You then enter the pub
    The pub is a local country pub that can fit 20-30 max
    Only people from the area are allowed in
    He is paying qualified staff to do the tests
    If you are the pub it doesn't matter as everyone there was test with a test that is 99.9% accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the curse broken, is it their year

Tests are done between 5pm-7pm
    You then enter the pub
    The pub is a local country pub that can fit 20-30 max
    Only people from the area are allowed in
    He is paying qualified staff to do the tests
    If you are the pub it doesn't matter as everyone there was test with a test that is 99.9% accuracy

Tests between 5-7 hmmm... that will be adhered to for about 3 days.

Can distancing be maintained ?..not after alcohol

Only people from the area ? That will guarantee zero covid transmission? Only people from the area ? So as well as not caring about covid he doesn’t care about the fact that that can and would be viewed as discrimination? Ie. Against the law ? If I have a barber shop and a fella walks in “ nope, don’t know you, not from around here “... illegal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Tests between 5-7 hmmm... that will be adhered to for about 3 days.

Can distancing be maintained ?..not after alcohol

Only people from the area ? That will guarantee zero covid transmission? Only people from the area ? So as well as not caring about covid he doesn’t care about the fact that that can and would be viewed as discrimination? Ie. Against the law ? If I have a barber shop and a fella walks in “ nope, don’t know you, not from around here “... illegal..

That isn't actually illegal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement