Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRO visit

Options
  • 10-12-2020 7:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was in the GRO today after getting an appointment slot.

There was just me and one other researcher.
    Two or three staff all behind the counter.

Masks had to be worn at all times and gloves used (which they had) when touching the index books.

In case you hadn't heard, fees have increased. In nearly 20 years, there's never been an increase, so it seems fair.
    • A search of a 5 year consecutive period in the indexes now costs €5 (up from €2).
    • Copy certs are now €5.
    • No change to the general search fee for the day of €20.

They no longer take cash.

I had 2 tasks searching 1970s and 1980s records. One successful and the other not.

The benefit of being only a couple of people there was that the staff very quick to produce copy certs.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alan259

Is there still a limit to the number of copy certs you can get per visit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I believe it is still 8 and then they will email any subsequent ones. I didn't get that many so didn't hit the limit.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement