Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eir Broadband

Options
  • 10-12-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Sounds easy but how do I do this ?

Rang 1901 and after some details were taken was put through to the cancellation number. Left hanging and eventually the call was terminated at their end.

Rang them again (sales this time) and a pleasant lady tried to put me through. Left hanging. She gave me the direct number, 1800 303499 in case I couldn't get speaking to someone. So far no joy.

From within myeir, my chat is currently down.

Nowhere can I find an email address where you can email a cancellation request. Neither is there a form where details can be filled in.

Can anyone help ?

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is so sign up for new services but how difficult it is to terminate them. A proper watchdog would enforce that termination for any particular service is as easy as signing up for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Rang 1901 and after some details were taken was put through to the cancellation number. Left hanging and eventually the call was terminated at their end.

Rang them again (sales this time) and a pleasant lady tried to put me through. Left hanging. She gave me the direct number, 1800 303499 in case I couldn't get speaking to someone. So far no joy.

Nowhere can I find an email address where you can email a cancellation request. Neither is there a form where details can be filled in.

Can anyone help ?

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is so sign up for new services but how difficult it is to terminate them. A proper watchdog would enforce that termination for any particular service is as easy as signing up for it.

I had to send an email to eir with comreg cc’ed to get eir to cancel my contract. Would never sign up for anything with them after that

ccm@eir.ie
    consumerline@comreg.ie

Just state that you have tried multiple time to cancel your contract and eir are making it impossible you will get a comreg case number and they will follow up with eir and you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I had to send an email to eir with comreg cc’ed to get eir to cancel my contract. Would never sign up for anything with them after that

ccm@eir.ie
    consumerline@comreg.ie

Just state that you have tried multiple time to cancel your contract and eir are making it impossible you will get a comreg case number and they will follow up with eir and you

After the nice lady put me through to cancellations, I hung up after 40 minutes

You can see the customer service chat is showing as offline when logged into my eir. Every other part of the site seems fine

ccm@eir.ie
    consumerline@comreg.ie

Thanks. I suspect their chat lines may have closed from 5pm so will give it another shot tomorrow morning. I see eir have their own banner on the comreg.ie front page. From it they give another number to try:

"eir customer complaints contact numbers are:

eir at Home 1800-200481
    eir Business 1800-601701

ComReg understands that wait times for these complaint line numbers are substantially lower and more acceptable than eir’s general customer service number."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You can see the customer service chat is showing as offline when logged into my eir. Every other part of the site seems fine

They don't use it anymore so will always be offline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Can anyone help ?

Cancel the direct debit, wait for the next bill to come in, pay it and then ignore any further communications from them - that's what I had to do as they totally screwed me around.

Joining EIR is like joining the IRA, once you join you can’t leave, it’s not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,550 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can anyone help ?

When you do get it done make sure it's done immediately. I had some experience with them a couple of years ago and I detailed it all here at the time.

I rang up on a Friday to pay my last bill and they told me I couldn't pay it. I asked why and they said it appeared I had a large bill coming onto it. I asked for details and was told there was none available and I then asked how they knew there was more charges to be added and they basically wouldn't answer that.
    Eventually they told me that I download over 3 tb of stuff, which I certainly did not, and they also charged me for a router they sent me when I was having problems with my internet and told me that I was out of contract when I got it. I never requested a new router or agreed to them sending me one, they did that all on their own.
    I told them I was disputing all these extra charges. Next thing I know my account is closed and I get a letter one month later from a collections agency. I told them I was disputing the charges and that Eir had never got back to me. I demanded they send it back to Eir and have them contact me. They sent it back to Eir and I tried to contact them on numerous occasions but they wouldn't speak to me as I'm not a customer.

So basically they don't know their backside from their elbow.

Just off the phone to a very helpful Eir lady who deals with cancellations. I got through to her on 1800303499 in a little less than 10 minutes but there is also a high value line on 1800924409 which deals only with cancellations.

She tried to persuade me to stay but I explained I had already moved to Vodafone. Their router arrived yesterday and I am up and running with them and the Eir router is now in a box.

As it stands the cancellation date is one month from now, 11/01/2021, and at that point once the account is cancelled I need to go to

https://www.nightline-delivers.com/eir/home

enter in the eir account number (it won't accept it before then) and the outcome of that process is that I print of a label and Nightline will collect the router without charge. If I don't do that there is an equipment charge of 59 euro.

I say as it stands because Vodafone did not "take over" the UAN. If I can get them to take over the UAN, it will automatically show on my eir account and I will only be billed by eir to the takeover date rather than 11/01/2021. This is worth a little as the eir monthly rate was 76 euro for me. I don't suppose anyone would have a number for vofadone which I can ring to get them to do this ?

Advertisement