Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to take out a shower Tray

Options
  • 10-12-2020 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

So after finding a leak we have decided to replace the shower. Now plumber can't come until after Christmas-which is fair enough! But would love to get the shower tray out to acceess the damage.

Question how do I take it out? My initial research appears to say I that I need to loosen from the waste pipe and in order to do that I need a special tool-Is this the case? Could it be bolted to why wall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

take off a row of tiles on the sides and put a nail bar under the tray and prise it up. might need to break away the side wall of tray to get under it. if that wont work then break it out.
    they usually lift easily. the trap just screw together and should open if you can get at it. cutting the trap from above first helps if you cant get at it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've seen some plumbers bed the new tray in Tec7 to help level it up. If faced with something like this then you'll have little option but to break it up

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Guys cheers for the above suggestions they worked and shower tray is now out:-)

Advertisement