Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommends for casual men’s boots?

Options
  • 10-12-2020 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a pair of casual men’s boots?
    Preferably grey or maybe brown.
    Something that is more causal than to formal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What is your budget? Big fan of moc toe or Chelsea myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    What is your budget? Big fan of moc toe or Chelsea myself.

I’d like to stay around €150.
    Just unsure what to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I was going to suggest Redwing but then spotted the budget. I have 2 pairs from them (1907 & 8111) and I can highly recommend them.

Anyway, you could also look at Wolverine , Sorrel, Thorogood, Thursday Boot Co. , Clarke's.

You may be able to get Redwing and Wolverine for close to your budget in New Year sales maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Highly recommend a pair of Blundstones. Very comfortable. Bit over budget at around £140-£160 but I've seen them around the £100 mark on Amazon/Ebay etc.

000000000672.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

46 Long wrote: »
    Highly recommend a pair of Blundstones. Very comfortable. Bit over budget at around £140-£160 but I've seen them around the £100 mark on Amazon/Ebay etc.

000000000672.jpg

They look high maintenance. I am imagining them with mud all over them.

Unlikely to look good after more than a couple of wears

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

I would suggest to stretch to redwing. Make sure you try them on, sizing is a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Personally I own around 8 pairs of Sketchers boots, different colours.

They are very hard wearing, comfortable if you have big feet and they are easy clean ( except the tan, but get the coating can)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I ended up getting a pair of RockPort Chelsea boots.(Didn't intend on getting that style).
    Will probally get another style in the new year.
    I love the swede looking one's but I wonder about the upkeep. Our driveway can get puddles.

000000000672.jpg

How do you keep these clean?

• Advertisement

You spray them with suede protector spray lads. It's not rocket science.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You spray them with suede protector spray lads. It's not rocket science.

They still get manky. Have had suede in my time and it is a pain in the arse. Good for indoor use only

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Blundstones aren't bad, but I think they are overpriced? Or maybe not?
    Where can you get Redwing boots in Ireland out of curiosity? I hear these are supposed to be decent.
    Timberland and Clarks do some similar sizes, but you'd want to try them on as sizes can be odd.
    Docs do a few styles similar to "Blunnies" as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I would suggest to stretch to redwing. Make sure you try them on, sizing is a bit odd.

Where do ye buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I bought a pair of Timberland chukka boots last year from Schuh for casual wear and found them to be comfortable and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Any recommendations for a pair of casual men’s boots?
    Preferably grey or maybe brown.
    Something that is more causal than to formal.

Panama Jack boots are very hard wearing (from my experience of the women's line). Quite pricey, but they'll be reduced after christmas in the sales.

https://www.panamajack.ie/man/footwear

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    They still get manky. Have had suede in my time and it is a pain in the arse. Good for indoor use only

We've had the same issue over the years.
    There fine inside or in the car or maybe a carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Have a look at the Thorogoods too, they’re in the style of Redwing but softer and there no breaking in. Should be able to pick up a pair to suit your budget in the Jan sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I’d like to stay around €150.
    Just unsure what to get.

I’d go into penny’s and get 10 pairs for that money then you have many choices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

CWF wrote: »
    Where do ye buy them?

I bought them here 2 years ago not far from grafton street https://www.genius.ie

• Advertisement

I bought them here 2 years ago not far from grafton street https://www.genius.ie

They do look good to be fair!

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I wear more or less only suede shoes. The oldest pair I own are seven year old RM Williams in a light tobacco suede and they still look perfect. Worn twice a week in all kind of weather. And I walk or cycle everywhere. A failure to understand basic shoe/leather care is an issue with the owner, not the shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Advertisement