Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paulo Rossi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Only 64, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember being very excited getting him in my World Cup ‘82 Panini sticker collection. 64 is way too young. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Just FYI its Paolo,
    Not trying to be the spelling police either , just a heads up

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gone to join Diego this morning.

Have a look at Italy v Germany in 1982.

Surely the QF match against Brazil was his most iconic? To this day I still can't understand how Brazil lost. He was some player, definitely gone before his time. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

May he RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Zaph wrote: »
    Surely the QF match against Brazil was his most iconic? To this day I still can't understand how Brazil lost. He was some player, definitely gone before his time. RIP

Of course , but the images of himself,Altobelli and Tardelli scoring were amazing. Hope my spellings are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

chef wrote: »
    Just FYI its Paolo,
    Not trying to be the spelling police either , just a heads up

Thanks for the heads up .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

was it tax evasion or Mafia links he was up to his neck in ?

pretty standard stuff for a successful italian of course

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    was it tax evasion or Mafia links he was up to his neck in ?

pretty standard stuff for a successful italian of course

Match fixing linked to betting, so no doubt the Mafia were involved somewhere along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Only 64, what happened?

Lung Cancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

There wasn't a Quarter Finals in the 1982 World Cup. It went straight to Semi finals knockout from a second group stage of 4 groups of 3. It was a crappy format that nobody liked.

I guess technically you could call the 4 groups of 3 the quarter finals but they weren't really. A quarter finals is 8 teams whittled down to 4 for semis. This was 12 teams being whittled down to 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The main reason Brazil lost is that Italy scored more goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Match fixing linked to betting, so no doubt the Mafia were involved somewhere along the line.

Thats a terrible stereotyping of a hardworking family organisation

Advertisement