Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi Yutaki heat pump

Options
  • 10-12-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully someone will explain me what the problem is:

I do have 2 temperature sensors( one upstairs in the bedroom and the other downstairs in the living room). Since yesterday morning all the heaters downstairs are cold and didn't heat up, but those upstairs are working fine. Temp sensor in the living room is setup to heat up to 23 degree, and it looks like it's working (it shows the room temp and you can setup temp as well to heat up), but still no joy with heaters. In a heat pump LCD screen in C1 cell still showing OFF (does it make any sense at all) ?

Thanks,

Quick update: I had a look on heat pump screen (it doesn't say it's off), but the heaters are still cold downstairs

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

There is most likely a motorised valve controlling to flow of heat to each zone, the one for downstairs sounds like it has burned out (common issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

DGOBS wrote: »
    There is most likely a motorised valve controlling to flow of heat to each zone, the one for downstairs sounds like it has burned out (common issue)
    Does it happen often (the heating system is about 16 months old), I thought that Heatmiser gets corrupted, would it be the case as well (I still can switch off and on) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

asgaard wrote: »
    Does it happen often (the heating system is about 16 months old), I thought that Heatmiser gets corrupted, would it be the case as well (I still can switch off and on) ?

I’ve the same system. Is the lcd connected to the unit?

Dangee4050 wrote: »

It’s likely that your downstairs temp is higher than the set. Switch it up to 25 see what happens

Somehow it has to be connected as it controls temperature in your room and turn on heating pump when the temp goes below your setup.

• Advertisement

It’s likely that your downstairs temp is higher than the set. Switch it up to 25 see what happens
    Already I switched to 24 degree and still showing me that little fire sign on LCD, but the temperature is 20 degree right now.

Already I switched to 24 degree and still showing me that little fire sign on LCD, but the temperature is 20 degree right now.

I mean turn it up on the hitachi controller? Does it make any difference. My heat miser doesn’t call for heat it just switches it off once it reaches temp

Press back button on hitachi controller what is the temp?
    Then Press up arrow key to turn up temp then press ok.

I mean turn it up on the hitachi controller? Does it make any difference. My heat miser doesn’t call for heat it just switches it off once it reaches temp

Press back button on hitachi controller what is the temp?
    Then Press up arrow key to turn up temp then press ok.

Under C1 says 43 degree and under DHW 47 .

Under C1 says 43 degree and under DHW 47 .

That’s the water temp heating your rads. If you press back button and then use arrow key to turn up temp see if that helps

Advertisement