Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo without sound

Options
  • 09-12-2020 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have a 05 yaris and I was thinking of doing a stereo upgrade. I just disconnected the radio to see how easy it would be to do the install and when I reconnected the original radio the sound is completely gone. The power and display is working fine. The connections looked good with no loose wires. The speakers still beep when I search for station so i doubt it's a speaker problem. I am thinking it might be the actual radio that's the problem because it did use to have a problem with sound before, it coming and going and it use to work with a bang of the dash. I am just not sure to get a new stereo and the sound problem might still exist. I have a voltmeter if there was a way of testing the wiring connections behind radio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If as you say the stereo still beeps when searching then its most likely a problem with the stereo itself. Best bet would be to get one from a breakers yard or ebay and try it out in your car. If you knew someone with the same car that would let you borrow their just to rule out a wiring problem then at least you'd know where to work from.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you definitely got all the plugs back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Peter256

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have you definitely got all the plugs back in?
    Yeah all plugs are back in. I remember 2 of the plugs were tight to take out but no wires were broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s quite straightforward fitting a DIN size stereo in them.
    Plugs are standard Toyota.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s quite straightforward fitting a DIN size stereo in them.
    Plugs are standard Toyota.
    Yeah it looks straight forward what i have seen on YouTube. I have ordered a new aftermarket stereo and i think I will need a toyota iso harness to connect stereo to the existing plugs. I just hope I will have sound then and that it's not a wiring issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Do you have sound from the cassette tape or is it cd.

Do you have sound from the cassette tape or is it cd.
    Cd player isn't working, it won't take in a cd. I tryed to load a cd there and cd loading does comes up on the display and it does give a beep sound from the speaker so I think the speakers are working. It's not a great standard stereo in the yaris, the radio presets never really worked much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Peter256 wrote: »
    Cd player isn't working, it won't take in a cd. I tryed to load a cd there and cd loading does comes up on the display and it does give a beep sound from the speaker so I think the speakers are working. It's not a great standard stereo in the yaris, the radio presets never really worked much either.

Going from experience --I repair car stereos ...the fault is in the radio unit and most likely not a difficult repair.

Going from experience --I repair car stereos ...the fault is in the radio unit and most likely not a difficult repair.
    I am getting a new stereo for it next week so hopefully the sound will be good then.

Advertisement