Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online deliveries

Options
  • 09-12-2020 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

On line deliveries are gone up hundreds of per cent between covid and christmas
    I have had 5 deliveries so far
    3 have been left at doorstep after bell rang and no sign of driver after i answered door
    The other 2 were sitting on doorstep after i came back from walking dog
    Are drivers just being paid for just dropping off packages at houses?
    Hundreds of new delivery drivers taken on to cope with new demand\\\\\no training?
    Time was they would leave it next door

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

dennyire wrote: »
    On line deliveries are gone up hundreds of per cent between covid and christmas
    I have had 5 deliveries so far
    3 have been left at doorstep after bell rang and no sign of driver after i answered door
    The other 2 were sitting on doorstep after i came back from walking dog
    Are drivers just being paid for just dropping off packages at houses?
    Hundreds of new delivery drivers taken on to cope with new demand\\\\\no training?
    Time was they would leave it next door

Problem easily solved ,OP ,just bring your front door to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Problem easily solved ,OP ,just bring your front door to work.
    Pity my front door does not have my Eircode address
    Heard about people putting Amazon delivery boxes filled with rubbish on thir doorsteps and being cleared out rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

dennyire wrote: »
    Pity my front door does not have my Eircode address
    Heard about people putting Amazon delivery boxes filled with rubbish on thir doorsteps and being cleared out rapidly

No bin charges #winning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Do you have the facilities in place to receive the package, or do you expect the delivery driver to wait for you to finish walking your dog. For the 8 euro charge.

Personally I don't have a parcel locker at my house. Just a postbox through which you can fit some flyers, not a package/parcel.

So I use parcel motel. Which means the driver doesn't have to bend the laws of physics and fit a 10x10 box through a letter slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Get a parcel box or something.

Couriers are actively working against the clock and depending on their location can deliver hundreds of parcels against the day, if they happen to fall behind on their schedule they'll get a phone call from their bosses giving them a bollocking.

In a lot of cases they aren't supposed to return to the depot with parcels that were supposed to be delivered that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Big opportunity for organised crime now to swipe all the carelessly tossed over the fence packages. If I were a crimester I'd have a warehouse full of brand new Playstation 5's by now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Amazon drivers are under great pressure from Amazon to make their dekiveries. Had a relative working for them briefly, he left due to stress. You have to use their app not google maps and he found it hard to use. Base in Amazon kept ringing to see where he was and hassled him over waiting for someone to comeback to a house he delivered to, who had left a note saying back in 10 minutes. THey have to make a minimum amount of deliveries a day and its an insane amount allowing only a few minutes per delivery. It was mad enough and so intense my relative left after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Why do people order stuff online, not be home to receive it then complain when it's left at the front door

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you are at home in the evening, make sure to put porch \ front light on, some lads won't even get out of the van to knock if they think no one is home.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Don't deal with anyone who doesn't use DPD or UPS

Costs more but they work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Count yourself lucky, if it was Fastway, the package would be in somebodys garden hedge two counties away. Pack of bandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Don't deal with anyone who doesn't use DPD or UPS

Costs more but they work

Find GLS grand too. Avoid Hermes like the plague.

Advertisement