Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy to Gramps

Options
  • 09-12-2020 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all!
    I've been using Legacy for years and have a fairly hefty file built up. However, I changed to a Mac desktop machine early this year, and there does not appear to be any hope that Legacy will produce a Mac version of their software.
    I've been using Parallels software to emulate Windows on the Mac so I can run Legacy, but it's clunky and slow to load.
    So I am looking to export all my data from Legacy into Mac friendly software.
    I've been looking at Gramps, and it seems to be well reviewed.
    Anyone had experience of moving from Legacy to Gramps? Or a better suggestion?
    Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Do a search in the forum for software discussions: they are legion.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Do a search in the forum for software discussions: they are legion.

Guess I must be using bad search terms - I am not finding many hits regarding Gramps genealogy software. That's why I started new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

No you're right, there's little to no discussion about Gramps here.

I use the software but can't help you with your query. Might be worth posting on this subreddit (small community but some active users there).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I meant more general conversation about software.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement