Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Pressure - Early pregnancy

Options
  • 08-12-2020 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi girls,

I'm currently almost 9 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My first baby was 10 years ago. I'm now 34.

With my first pregnancy my blood pressure was normal - at times even low until 23 weeks -when it steadily increased including very high protein. I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia and delivered my son early.

At 4 weeks with this pregnancy I went to the dr and my blood pressure was 140 over 104. I was so shocked - I'm slim, eat well, dont smoke, barely have a drink. I had the monitor on the next day and although some readings were high - overall, on average it was okish. I'm presuming the night time readings brought it down.

The dr is keen that I dont take any medication until after 12 weeks - if at all possible.

My bp last week was 139 over 97. Still quite high.

I'm really freaking out about this. I was on trandate towards the end of my pregnancy with my son but my bp was fine until 23 weeks.

Now my bp is v bad from the get go. Has anyone had bp like this that was controlled well throughout their pregnancy with medication?

Advertisement