Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Replacement

Options
  • 08-12-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I need to organise a new washing machine asap, I am led to believe most of the electrical shops provide a service whereby they will deliver and install it for me, But does anyone know do they also disconnect the old one before they take it away for recycling?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The delivery guys will expect everything to be disconnected so they just have to put their wheelie truck under the machine and wheel it out the door.

Disconnecting a washing machine is very easy, you just have to make sure to turn off the water feed. This should be no more complicated than turning a little lever through 90 degrees. Then just unplug the power and disconnect the waste pipe and decouple the water feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

coylemj wrote: »
    The delivery guys will expect everything to be disconnected so they just have to put their wheelie truck under the machine and wheel it out the door.

Disconnecting a washing machine is very easy, you just have to make sure to turn off the water feed. This should be no more complicated than turning a little lever through 90 degrees. Then just unplug the power and disconnect the waste pipe and decouple the water feed.

Exactly, watch a YouTube video and you should be able to do it. I’ve had a Bosch 16 years, frequently used, never broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

(If I could hijack this thread.. as I'm in a similar situation)... Had a washer-dryer recently delivered too and so it's sitting unpacked in my kitchen! Was hoping it'd all be taken care of by the delivery people since the site hinted it would, but never read the small print etc..

By the sound of things disconnecting the old device should be easy, is connecting up the new one just the same process? If the pipes behind don't have levers, does that mean I'll have to turn off the water at the mains? Knowing my apartment block, everything will be done as difficultly and cheaply as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

who_me wrote: »
    (If I could hijack this thread.. as I'm in a similar situation)... Had a washer-dryer recently delivered too and so it's sitting unpacked in my kitchen! Was hoping it'd all be taken care of by the delivery people since the site hinted it would, but never read the small print etc..

By the sound of things disconnecting the old device should be easy, is connecting up the new one just the same process? If the pipes behind don't have levers, does that mean I'll have to turn off the water at the mains? Knowing my apartment block, everything will be done as difficultly and cheaply as possible.

If you find the pipes don't have levers yes I'd imagine you would have to turn the water off. I was very lucky I bought washing machine at 10.30am they delivered it to my house at 1.30pm that same day, the man disconnected my old one connected in the new one and took the old one away. By 2pm I was washing clothes. This is a picture of the levers to be turned off Blue One only as washing machines no longer take a hot feed from the pipe, my hot feed/pipe is permanently switched off and capped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Don't forget to read the instructions.
    There are 4 bolts that need to be unscrewed before use, they hold the washing machine drum in place for transport to prevent damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

housetypeb wrote: »
    Don't forget to read the instructions.
    There are 4 bolts that need to be unscrewed before use, they hold the washing machine drum in place for transport to prevent damage.

Oh yeah that's true, I mentioned that to the bloke that delivered and fitted mine last week, he had it done en'all by the time I said it to him.

Advertisement