Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone help identify this fuse type , amp rate

Options
  • 08-12-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me identify this fuse type - what amp it is ? It's the old fuse from a central heating system boiler control unit. I need to get a replacement one, and I can't make out what it is. Thanks if anyone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭lucalux

180567 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me identify this fuse type - what amp it is ? It's the old fuse from a central heating system boiler control unit. I need to get a replacement one, and I can't make out what it is. Thanks if anyone can help.

That photo is very out of focus, if you can put up another pic or two it would help, but it looks to me like a 6Amp/500V fuse.
    They're called ceramic bottle fuses I think

I'm not an electrician though - just had to find an old fuse similar to that not too long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭180567

Here's a couple more pictures of it

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mick111112

Just thinking back, those fuses are colour coded and the fuse carrier should not take a larger fuse as there is a ceramic ring which stops it making contact. A smaller amp fuse would fit in but not a lager amp one.

This is the unit it's for

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mick111112

looks like a red gauge ring inside which would be a 10 amp fuse, the fuse you have in picture looks like its a 6 amp, this would be probably a lighting circuit.

• Advertisement

Thank you, I'll try getting a 10 amp fuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Diazed fuse 6Amp. You might find it hard to get. Dwyers in Cork did stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

As above, it's a Diazed fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Redy321

Do you already know the answer? I was helped in a simple store, maybe it's better to ask people.

Advertisement