Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement/ unregistered tenancy

Options
  • 08-12-2020 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

We have lost income this month (Covid )I was wondering if I can apply for emergency rent supplement even my tenancy is not registered.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

This is from citizens info https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

Part of the form will need to be filled in by your landlord or their agent. Your landlord will need to provide their tax reference number (normally their PPS number) to the DSP. If your landlord does not wish to fill in the form a separate form (SWA 3C) (pdf) is available. If your landlord does not have a tax reference number, they should state this in writing to the DSP and explain why this is the case. Your Rent Supplement may not be paid if your landlord has not given their tax number to the DSP or has not explained why they do not have one.

I don't know the full context of your scenario, but my guess is that your landlord doesn't have a tax number or will not want to provide it to remain under the radar since the tenancy should be registered.

You could report the tenancy as not registered to prtb, and they will send a notice to your ll to do so, with a late fee.

I would start by chatting with your landlord, explaining your situation and your desire to apply for rent supplement to meet the full rent requirement.

Do you have a tenancy agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

This is from citizens info https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

Part of the form will need to be filled in by your landlord or their agent. Your landlord will need to provide their tax reference number (normally their PPS number) to the DSP. If your landlord does not wish to fill in the form a separate form (SWA 3C) (pdf) is available. If your landlord does not have a tax reference number, they should state this in writing to the DSP and explain why this is the case. Your Rent Supplement may not be paid if your landlord has not given their tax number to the DSP or has not explained why they do not have one.

I don't know the full context of your scenario, but my guess is that your landlord doesn't have a tax number or will not want to provide it to remain under the radar since the tenancy should be registered.

You could report the tenancy as not registered to prtb, and they will send a notice to your ll to do so, with a late fee.

I would start by chatting with your landlord, explaining your situation and your desire to apply for rent supplement to meet the full rent requirement.

Do you have a tenancy agreement?

Good advice
    The landlord if he is not tax compliant may agree to forego a portion of the rent in order for him to stay off the radar of the revenue and the RTB
    You could put this to him and tell him you will pay full rent when your circumstances return to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭polaco

brisan wrote: »
    Good advice
    The landlord if he is not tax compliant may agree to forego a portion of the rent in order for him to stay off the radar of the revenue and the RTB
    You could put this to him and tell him you will pay full rent when your circumstances return to normal

Thanks

I made some arrangements with landlord apparently there is emergency rent supplement I need to find out more information online.

Advertisement