Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House included in SAC?

Options
  • 07-12-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an instance of a house being included within a SAC?

Apart from mine, of course. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

cnocbui wrote: »
    Does anyone know of an instance of a house being included within a SAC?

Apart from mine, of course. :(

Was the house built on a SAC or was the SAC formed after the house was built.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I know of an sac running into part of the site of a house.
    Typically, if planning is granted within an sac, the site will be removed from sac.
    If house was present before sac, the house site shouldnt have been included.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The house was long extant before the SAC was formed. I believe a mistake/oversight occurred wherein the house and it's relevant infrastructure were included. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a resaonable process to rectify such a mistake.

The situation is exacerbated in that the road leading to the house passes through some woods and trees can fall and block it. As it is, one tree is over the road such that I think it would block an ambulance, and certainly a fire engine, from reaching the house, but the SAC means that legally the tree can't be touched, even if it falls and blocks the road completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

cnocbui wrote: »
    The house was long extant before the SAC was formed. I believe a mistake/oversight occurred wherein the house and it's relevant infrastructure were included. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a resaonable process to rectify such a mistake.

The situation is exacerbated in that the road leading to the house passes through some woods and trees can fall and block it. As it is, one tree is over the road such that I think it would block an ambulance, and certainly a fire engine, from reaching the house, but the SAC means that legally the tree can't be touched, even if it falls and blocks the road completely.

Normally when these SAC are been proposed (called proposed SAC)
    the land owner would be notified and would be given the option of objecting to the designation, know of cases where owners objected and the size of the area covered by the designation was reduced.

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Normally when these SAC are been proposed (called proposed SAC)
    the land owner would be notified and would be given the option of objecting to the designation, know of cases where owners objected and the size of the area covered by the designation was reduced.

I am aware of the process, however, in this case the owner was living on the other side of the planet when the designations and process were happening and so wasn't informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Contact npws. They will come out and surely approve the carrying out of some works around safety and access.

mickdw wrote: »
    Contact npws. They will come out and surely approve the carrying out of some works around safety and access.

I'll have to make a list, there are a minimum of 8 current issues; 9 if I include wanting to mow the grass and 10 if I want to prune the vine that climbs one end of the house and is busy removing slates.

Advertisement