Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ali express

Options
  • 07-12-2020 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought from ali express, it says delivery by DHL. Is it a OK place.I want to make a small order to test

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Has anyone bought from ali express, it says delivery by DHL. Is it a OK place.I want to make a small order to test

Be prepared for Customs clearance charges, VAT and possibly duty.

See this thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

If the seller doesn't put the charges correctly on the paperwork you can get hammered on the VAT on the freight alone.

Ali Express are huge, think Chinese Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

whiterebel wrote: »
    Be prepared for Customs clearance charges, VAT and possibly duty.

See this thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

If the seller doesn't put the charges correctly on the paperwork you can get hammered on the VAT on the freight alone.

Ali Express are huge, think Chinese Amazon.
    why the delay in shipping it says will ship in 7 days??
    it is only a test purchase of a DVD costing 2 euro. free delivery by DHL

Won't be i be charged extra on that will I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i ordered a cap and it took about a month but i did get it by dhl,

i ordered a cap and it took about a month but i did get it by dhl,
    did you get charge extra?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

did you get charge extra?

It was a few quid extra yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

avoid like the plague

i ordered a tv cable €220 here for samsung qled , but €100 from china

arrived in ireland after 2 months but was returned to sender due to the lable being not legible

that was in August and it was returned , despite the seller saying they will refund me when it arrives back i'm still €100 out of pocket as of today as it hasnt arrived back and an post don't issue new tracking when sending back to sender

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

avoid like the plague

i ordered a tv cable €220 here for samsung qled , but €100 from china

arrived in ireland after 2 months but was returned to sender due to the lable being not legible

that was in August and it was returned , despite the seller saying they will refund me when it arrives back i'm still €100 out of pocket as of today as it hasnt arrived back and an post don't issue new tracking when sending back to sender
    Your experience, whilst annoying and costly,is of no use or importance to anyone other than another purchaser from that particular aliexpress seller.
    There are literally hundreds of thousands of sellers on Ali so it's really akin to buying off eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Ali express is a well established authentic Chinese selling site consisting of tens of thousands of sellers. I've made many purchases on it and never had a problem. Anything under a certain amount, around €22, does not attract customs or taxes. Anything over that may. Ive only ever got caught for taxes on 3 items. Most get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Ali express is a well established authentic Chinese selling site consisting of tens of thousands of sellers. I've made many purchases on it and never had a problem. Anything under a certain amount, around €22, does not attract customs or taxes. Anything over that may. Ive only ever got caught for taxes on 3 items. Most get through.
    Just a heads up.From June 1st,the small value concession is ending.All parcels however small in value will be liable for vat and a clearance charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I think aliexpress are excellent. Any package that hasn't arrived I've been reimbursed no hassle. Just be sure to give good feedback on ones you do receive. As someone mentioned above be careful not to go over €22 to avoid customs and vat. Although I've gone up to €27 with no hassle at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 milly2013

I order items on 13th October, they are showing as accepted by last mile carrier on 29th October but no update since. I have contacted the seller to get an update but they just say it is in transit. Does accepted by last mile carrier mean it is with an post or should I open a dispute??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭corkie

milly2013 wrote: »
    I order items on 13th October, they are showing as accepted by last mile carrier on 29th October but no update since. I have contacted the seller to get an update but they just say it is in transit. Does accepted by last mile carrier mean it is with an post or should I open a dispute??

Try checking your tracking here: - https://track-chinapost.com

Also look into the stuff from china.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I got my test purchase anyway

corkie wrote: »
    Try checking your tracking here: - https://track-chinapost.com

Also look into the stuff from china.

Thank you, the number is not listed under china post.tracking. Checked it under Sunyou economic airmail and it said that it arrived in destination Country 29 October

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭POBox19

milly2013 wrote: »

You didn't say what shipper is being used.

With AliExpress Standard shipping "Last Mile Carrier" seems to mean that the parcel has reached the Netherlands and is probably in the Post NL sorting centre. Things can be very delayed now because of Covid-19.

I use 17track.net and postnl.post with the tracking number and found them excellent.

A friend of mine who bought adigital download also got an email to say there was to be a delivery by DHL. A full track and trace appears under the number but it is never mailed there is no such delivery. It is 'signed ' by someone as recieved but not the person who bought it

POBox19 wrote: »
    You didn't say what shipper is being used.

With AliExpress Standard shipping "Last Mile Carrier" seems to mean that the parcel has reached the Netherlands and is probably in the Post NL sorting centre. Things can be very delayed now because of Covid-19.

I use 17track.net and postnl.post with the tracking number and found them excellent.

It is 'Sun You Economic Airmail', tried the number on track 17, no luck not listed. Thanks anyway

Advertisement