Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disc Tray on X box

Options
  • 07-12-2020 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Quick one really, does the x box 1 or 1s come with a disc tray?

I live out in the sticks and plan to get a console. We have satellite broadband with a tp link to the room I want to set up in.

I have a smart tv in the room and it struggles to play netflix and youtube, and don't think it will support large downloads/online gaming. So i'm thinking the old fashioned method will work best. I'm not a big gamer, and will be playing mostly call of duty and racing games.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Quick one really, does the x box 1 or 1s come with a disc tray?

I live out in the sticks and plan to get a console. We have satellite broadband with a tp link to the room I want to set up in.

I have a smart tv in the room and it struggles to play netflix and youtube, and don't think it will support large downloads/online gaming.

Thanks,

You can get versions with a disc drive alright! So you can still just stick to buying physical games.

Just make sure you buy the one with the disc drive. The one without is noted as being digital only.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Also don't forget a lot if not all games have big updates when you first install the disc. As I live in the sticks I occasionally have to "visit my townie relatives" and bring my xbox for the drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

You'll need decent broadband for xbox these days.
    The disk is just a complicated license to own the game.

So, yep, get the disks, but visit someone with decent broadband to get the updates.
    Or just get them digital. But often the disks are cheaper (for now), if you just plan to play a couple of games.
    It'll take a a couple of hours to get the update for some games and longer if the broadband is in use :)

The only recent console that doesn't have this issue is Nintendo Switch as most of the games can be got on physical cartridge with small updates. But you won't get call of duty and the same variety of racing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

Thanks, really it's just something for me to relax and enjoy when the wife is watching crap on Netflix or for those quiet few hours that come now and again. The hardest part will be keeping it away from the kids, they are a bit young to be playing yet. I'll just have lock it under the stairs when not in use!

Advertisement