Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
  • 07-12-2020 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can advise if eir can legally do anything in this situation.
    I recently moved country and spent weeks trying to cancel my eir contract (which had actually expired early 2020, and it was a monthly 30 euro charge to my visa debit). As I couldn't get through to them, I blocked them from taking payments from my Visa.
    I am now receiving emails saying that I owe them 60 euro. The only reason this value is at 60 is because of how long it took to eventually get them to cancel.
    The only contact information they have for me now is my email address, as I moved to another country.
    My questions are, can they do anything legally to make me pay that and will this affect me in the future when I return to Ireland (credit check etc)? I imagine they probably won't get a debt collector for such a small amount but if so, will that affect me when I come back home ?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 d1d215

Wrong, should have posted recorded letter to request cancellation. What you've done now is not doing any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ablelocks

d1d215 wrote: »
    Wrong, should have posted recorded letter to request cancellation. What you've done now is not doing any good.

posted to who/where exactly? I've been trying to cancel but no-one answers, there's no email address to send to. I'm out of contract, switched to Vodafone today and not sure if they'll advise eir of the switch.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can advise if eir can legally do anything in this situation.
    I recently moved country and spent weeks trying to cancel my eir contract (which had actually expired early 2020, and it was a monthly 30 euro charge to my visa debit). As I couldn't get through to them, I blocked them from taking payments from my Visa.
    I am now receiving emails saying that I owe them 60 euro. The only reason this value is at 60 is because of how long it took to eventually get them to cancel.
    The only contact information they have for me now is my email address, as I moved to another country.
    My questions are, can they do anything legally to make me pay that and will this affect me in the future when I return to Ireland (credit check etc)? I imagine they probably won't get a debt collector for such a small amount but if so, will that affect me when I come back home ?

Thanks a mill.

did you return the modem? if not, that's most likely what the 60 charge is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭bronkobilly

ablelocks wrote: »
    posted to who/where exactly? I've been trying to cancel but no-one answers, there's no email address to send to. I'm out of contract, switched to Vodafone today and not sure if they'll advise eir of the switch.
    go into any eir phone shop cancel a contract. was in an eir shop today getting credit a man came in planked a box on the desk and i am here to cancel all of that all your stuff is in the box gave her a letter and left that's the way to do it i guess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 d1d215

On the eir website there is a cancellation page, did you completed it?

On their website there is a complaints page, did you completed it?

Call first thing in the morning and won't u til they pick up, sometimes it takes a few hours, but if you don't they have no record that you cancelled it.or at least requested for cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,396 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

d1d215 wrote: »
    On the eir website there is a cancellation page, did you completed it?

On their website there is a complaints page, did you completed it?

Call first thing in the morning and won't u til they pick up, sometimes it takes a few hours, but if you don't they have no record that you cancelled it.or at least requested for cancellation.

Where are these mysterious pages?

so i found a direct line to the retention/cancellations dept - 1800 924 409

first guy picked up after 2 rings, i nearly fell off the chair. Second guy answered within 5 minutes.

As vodafone didn't follow the porting process properly, I have to do the cancellation

I have to send an email to accountchange@eir.ie in order for the cancellation to go through - name/address/account number etc

they will process the cancellation, but I will have to pay another month to Eir (vodafone will refund it)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭celtenal

ablelocks wrote: »
    so i found a direct line to the retention/cancellations dept - 1800 924 409

first guy picked up after 2 rings, i nearly fell off the chair. Second guy answered within 5 minutes.

As vodafone didn't follow the porting process properly, I have to do the cancellation

I have to send an email to accountchange@eir.ie in order for the cancellation to go through - name/address/account number etc

they will process the cancellation, but I will have to pay another month to Eir (vodafone will refund it)
    That number is no longer working. It just tells you to ring 1901 but I found this one which was answered by a very helpful lady after waiting no more than a couple of minutes 1800 773729

Advertisement