Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorsat blocking content

• 06-12-2020 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭

What's the craic with saorsat blocking content? Tried to watch the rugby game and it was blocked.

Why do they do this - is it done for everyone on saorsat or can they do it based on your location?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

What's the craic with saorsat blocking content? Tried to watch the rugby game and it was blocked.

Why do they do this - is it done for everyone on saorsat or can they do it based on your location?

Presumably it’s because they have some overspill into Northern Ireland and may not have the rights to broadcast there.

Although, given the recent satellite transmission changes on Saorsat, reception has become more difficult in the North.

Seems odd. They do it with the Champions League also. I’m not sure if the same things happens on RTE via Sky in Northern Ireland too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

On Sky yes. But I'm surprised that the do it for Saorsat - surely some users in the south are having it blocked despite being in legitimate area for viewing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

i thought the whole idea of using 9E was the narrow footprint to only cover the island and avoid copyright issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

i thought the whole idea of using 9E was the narrow footprint to only cover the island and avoid copyright issues.

Exactly. When you consider so few people use it because of the relative complexity of the arrangement and the fact pay tv is so prevalent, it is a wonder this hasn’t been factored in.

Maybe they just block as standard? Or is Saorsat used to feed the NIMM?

I don’t know what happens on Sky in NI, I can’t imagine there are separate feeds?

Advertisement