Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold please help

Options
  • 06-12-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, recently moved into a new house that has an hitachi yutaki air to water heat pump.
    My house is freezing and the radiators won’t heat up even though the outdoor unit sounds like an airplane it’s trying to achieve a temp of 46 degrees and it’s only managing 30 degrees which is not high enough to heat my house. The unit also keeps defrosting constantly throughout the night and cutting off.

Any ideas that can help me improve its performance.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dangee4050 wrote: »
    Hi, recently moved into a new house that has an hitachi yutaki air to water heat pump.
    My house is freezing and the radiators won’t heat up even though the outdoor unit sounds like an airplane it’s trying to achieve a temp of 46 degrees and it’s only managing 30 degrees which is not high enough to heat my house. The unit also keeps defrosting constantly throughout the night and cutting off.

Any ideas that can help me improve its performance.
    Thanks

Yep. Speak to your neighbors. Anyone I know that's moved into new estates with a2w everyone has issues but they have all found methods of getting the best setup with it.

Join the local WhatsApp group or just knock and chat to neighbors about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,093 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

As above, but make sure the heating programmer is set to always on, I was in a rented house with an A2W unit and the house was always cold until we realised that someone had set the programmer to specific hours so it was cutting power to the unit.
    They should be always powered on and your thermostat (nest or whatever) controls them.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

GreeBo wrote: »
    As above, but make sure the heating programmer is set to always on, I was in a rented house with an A2W unit and the house was always cold until we realised that someone had set the programmer to specific hours so it was cutting power to the unit.
    They should be always powered on and your thermostat (nest or whatever) controls them.

It’s on all the time yes. I think it’s just underpowered as the outdoor unit keeps defrosting every 20 mins or so once it drops below zero. Runs perfectly when temp is above 2 degrees

Advertisement