Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media: Anyone having problems or just me?

Options
  • 06-12-2020 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Grateful for any help / feedback.

Our broadband and phone went around 10pm last night (Saturday). Since then, after trying restarting the white VM hub, all I’m getting is a flashing white base light which turns to a flashing green light when a device tries to connect via wifi. Also my wired devices (PC, Nvidia Shield) can’t connect via Ethernet. When I put my account number into the checker on the VM website, it comes back that there’s no problems.

Just wondering if it’s just me or is anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks ðŸ‘

Rael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can you connect to anyone with Wi-Free near by?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

fritzelly wrote: »
    Can you connect to anyone with Wi-Free near by?

Don’t think so. By the looks of it, most of the neighbours either have Sky or recently changed to Eir for their gigabit broadband.

Rael wrote: »
    Don’t think so. By the looks of it, most of the neighbours either have Sky or recently changed to Eir for their gigabit broadband.

Seems it’s the estate that’s down. From the residents WhatsApp group everyone on the road that has Virgin Media is reporting problems. Still not great what with working from home, but happy it’s not just us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

Seems it’s the estate that’s down. From the residents WhatsApp group everyone on the road that has Virgin Media is reporting problems. Still not great what with working from home, but happy it’s not just us.

The guy next door knocked on my door at 22:30 (!!) to ask if mine was down. (I use 3G so no!) It's still down this morning and this is Portmarnock area. So it's not just you!

I guess if broadband is critical for work, you should have a backup - for example, I use Vodaphone and they have 5GB as an add on which I could emergency tether perhaps. You can't rely on any of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

carveone wrote: »
    The guy next door knocked on my door at 22:30 (!!) to ask if mine was down. (I use 3G so no!) It's still down this morning and this is Portmarnock area. So it's not just you!

I guess if broadband is critical for work, you should have a backup - for example, I use Vodaphone and they have 5GB as an add on which I could emergency tether perhaps. You can't rely on any of them :(

Tragic house fire in Portmarnock last night damaged cabling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Speaking of What's App, I hope your are all hounding Virgin to get out sorted, on What's App - the number is 089 600 0016 if you don't already have it.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Tragic house fire in Portmarnock last night damaged cabling.

Jesus, that's terrible. I saw it in the news and didn't realise it was just across the road. Well, that puts it all in context - there's more important things than broadband :(

carveone wrote: »

Yup, I’m in Portmarnock and my sympathies to those people in Beach Park.

Thing is my job has been utterly terrible in providing us with supports for working from home, and have blocked us using our work phones as hot spots, so it’s their problem now, not mine.

Advertisement