Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vegan Gestapo

Options
  • 05-12-2020 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a yellow card for the following post. :D
    Seriously, what happened to free speech. snowflake generation how are you?

No wonder Buford packed it in.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115511594&postcount=315

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭grange mac

In all fairness....if you got a yellow card for that....
    Never again disagree with anybody or anything 😂 😂 😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Ah did buford go .i missed that, was it related to the vegan moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

K.G. wrote: »
    Ah did buford go .i missed that, was it related to the vegan moderation

He posted in Chit Chat

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115498888&postcount=1443

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭148multi

Your really skating on thin ice patsy, you auld rebel ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

All they want is an echo chamber where one posts about the nasty farmers and everyone murmurs and nod their heads.

They don’t want discussions or anything close to a reasoned argument.

They just want to peddle their own form of one sided agenda and agree with each other, truth or reasoned argument aren’t welcome there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

We can't discuss Moderating , even in another forum. So that may be parked.

<snip>
    I'll get rapped on the knuckles for this but I'm fed up of the bull**** here .
    It's an absolute joke. It appears the farming community here is coming under attack after attack by a vocal minority.
    A false agenda pushed by a very very few on here.
    As it happens the genuine vegetarian as far as I can see is also marginalised. It's the vegan way or no way.
    This isn't the first battle, and it won't be the last in a long war ahead.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys

I have had no involvement in recent discussions at Moderator and Admin levels (I've had 3 different surgical procedures over the last couple of months or so, and the last one was to my (dominant) hand, making typing a bit more of a pain)

This really is not a topic for discussion here. I really should delete the thread, but I am locking it

I have been in PM correspondence with Buford over the past day or two - not discussing the specifics here, but one thing I did say to him was I would try and get my head round the issues (I've really not had time yet) and would try and smooth things for both farming and vegan communities on the site (FYI I was brought up on a number of farms in Yorkshire and spent some of my student summers working on one, but I've also been vegetarian since I was 8yo!)

One general point I would make is it really is not appropriate to discuss one forum in another. This is the F&F forum and for discussion of relevant topics. Equally though this should not be a place where member of the farming community should feel intimidated by people who may not agree in principle with certain aspects of farming. Equally I would say vegetarians and vegans should not be intimidated in their forum by people who have fundamentally differing views from them

As I said I'm closing this for now. Once the dusts settles a bit there may be an opportunity for a proper feedback thread. However I am posting this without reference to local mods and would certainly want to discuss format and any terms of such a thread with them before committing to anything

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement