Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BPS Financial Discipline

Options
  • 03-12-2020 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone explain. What this is please and why is it deducted from the BPS Payment ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭alps

As much as I understand, a small percentage of BPS is deducted and lodged to a crisis fund for the industry
    In the event of the crisis fund not being drawn on in that year, the funds are returned to the farmer and we see this returned in June or July..

Someone may have the real story..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

sanarac wrote: »
    Can anyone explain. What this is please and why is it deducted from the BPS Payment ??

From what I can see money is held back for assisting farmers if there is a difficulty (drought, fodder shortage etc) in my experience those that benefit are always dairy farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Magic A

Looks like they have withheld double the amount this year compared to what was held back last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,305 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

solerina wrote: »
    From what I can see money is held back for assisting farmers if there is a difficulty (drought, fodder shortage etc) in my experience those that benefit are always dairy farmers.

?????? In the last few years the money has always been refunded 18 months later. I dont know how you come to that conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 29,305 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Magic A wrote: »
    Looks like they have withheld double the amount this year compared to what was held back last year.

It mustn't have been a tough enough year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    It mustn't have been a tough enough year

We haven't had any real catastrophes, hopefully we never need it and it's a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Jb1989

wrangler wrote: »
    We haven't had any real catastrophes, hopefully we never need it and it's a good idea

+1

Advertisement