Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumble dryer

Options
  • 03-12-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Appreciate any advice please.

Had it on today. Smell of burning after 40 minutes, no smoke. Used it 2 a week for the last 4 months - only 30 mins to finish off a dry. Small amounts. Never overloaded.

Tried it there again, and a big bright amber light - it looked like a burner. Wasn’t expecting it.

I’ll pull it out but doubt the air vent is blocked.

I would imagine it’s the motor that’s burned out. Appreciate any insights. How can I tell if it is the motor, Can it be fixed, is it worth it etx. Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭karlitob

karlitob wrote: »
    Appreciate any advice please.

Had it on today. Smell of burning after 40 minutes, no smoke. Used it 2 a week for the last 4 months - only 30 mins to finish off a dry. Small amounts. Never overloaded.

Tried it there again, and a big bright amber light - it looked like a burner. Wasn’t expecting it.

I’ll pull it out but doubt the air vent is blocked.

I would imagine it’s the motor that’s burned out. Appreciate any insights. How can I tell if it is the motor, Can it be fixed, is it worth it etx. Thanks all

Forgot pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Might be blocked vent or could be clogged with lint somewhere

Is there any recall on the model u have

Don't use it anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭karlitob

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Might be blocked vent or could be clogged with lint somewhere

Is there any recall on the model u have

Don't use it anyhow

I think it’s the heater. Ah no, won’t use it. It’s plugged out.
    All lint and all vents cleared.
    Will check recall model - good idea

Advertisement