Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Moiled x cows

Options
  • 02-12-2020 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Anyone keep Irish Moiled x cows and how you find them I'm tempted to use a straw or two on limo x cows just wondering what they would be like. I'd say the heifers could be moved on handy enough, the bulls not so much. Its more of an expirement than anything else. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Jimmy2020 wrote: »
    Anyone keep Irish Moiled x cows and how you find them I'm tempted to use a straw or two on limo x cows just wondering what they would be like. I'd say the heifers could be moved on handy enough, the bulls not so much. Its more of an expirement than anything else. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

I knew a man that Kept a few he referred to them as mollies. like most older breeds they are easy enough to keep and can reduce costs but are mid size cows. I was debating about a few Irish breeds before but went with scottish ones in the end.
    I would say if you want to try them go for it a cow is a cow at the end of the day and they would be easier calving and maintained than Charolais or belgain blues. Larry might not like them as much but if your not trying to breed your animals for him who cares.
    https://blackfieldfarm.com/irish-cattle-breeds/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Jimmy2020 wrote: »

Would your calves be registered as LMX then or what'd be the story?

Advertisement