Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Post driver

Options
  • 02-12-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Well lads.
    Looking at getting a post driver for mainly farmer use, have quiet a bit of work to do though. Trying to decide between malone and vector model 1+, both models are of similar enough spec, but know vector is probably superior machine. Not interested in getting contractor in to do the work. I know vector is slightly dearer but wondering if that extra cost is necessary. All opinions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭White Clover

PLW17 wrote: »
    Well lads.
    Looking at getting a post driver for mainly farmer use, have quiet a bit of work to do though. Trying to decide between malone and vector model 1+, both models are of similar enough spec, but know vector is probably superior machine. Not interested in getting contractor in to do the work. I know vector is slightly dearer but wondering if that extra cost is necessary. All opinions welcome.

Thanks

I have a Vector here, very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Well lads.

Thanks
    Vector with cross shift !!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 PLW17

richie123 wrote: »
    Vector with cross shift !!

Could be a bit much for my budget hahah but I’m sure it would be the right machine for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Could be a bit much for my budget hahah but I’m sure it would be the right machine for it

How much are they

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I have Malone and I went with them due to customer service

Its absolute fantastic in all fairness to them

Well lads.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Dunedin wrote: »
    How much are they

For which machine ?

I have Malone and I went with them due to customer service

Its absolute fantastic in all fairness to them

Enough weight in them to drive thick, heavy strainers is there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Dunedin

How much are they

Either the vector or the Malone?

Either the vector or the Malone?

Malone around €3500/3600.
    Vector is €3800

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

Lad i work for has one .
    She is well able to drive strainers.
    We drove a lot of old esb poles and telephone poles with it ,some in very stoney ground .
    They took a while but did tge job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

How much are they

Vector with cross shift could be 7 or 8 thousand

No problem. Drive wide ESB poles into good solid ground no problem

Malone around €3500/3600.
    Vector is €3800

2017 my Malone was €2900 incl vat and its the current model

2017 my Malone was €2900 incl vat and its the current model

Ya that’s what I had in my head for a malone before I priced them, didn’t think I would get such a high quote for the model. Maybe I should price a few other dealerships around for them.

Ya that’s what I had in my head for a malone before I priced them, didn’t think I would get such a high quote for the model. Maybe I should price a few other dealerships around for them.

I would call every dealer in the country to get best price going. You can move them on a 12ft trailer on the flat. then lift it upright with a loader when your home

I would call every dealer in the country to get best price going. You can move them on a 12ft trailer on the flat. then lift it upright with a loader when your home

I think I’ll ring around for few more prices today. Thank you. Where abouts did you purchase yours for €2900 can I ask ?

I think I’ll ring around for few more prices today. Thank you. Where abouts did you purchase yours for €2900 can I ask ?

carey in rochfordbridge co Westmeath.

(grand to deal with, but didn't want to hear about the small paint issue with the post driver, Malone were unreal and swapped it for a new post driver a few weeks later)

carey in rochfordbridge co Westmeath.

(grand to deal with, but didn't want to hear about the small paint issue with the post driver, Malone were unreal and swapped it for a new post driver a few weeks later)

Ok good to see that malone offer a good back up service

Advertisement