Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron seeping through wall

Options
  • 02-12-2020 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

Painted the garden walls white during the summer, one of which is shared with a neighbour. 6 months on and there is 5 spots where orange liquid has seeped through the wall and has stained it, Im presuming this is iron. What could it be thats causing it? The neighbour has bushes entirely covering his side of the wall and the wall is not capped on top either. Was wondering how/why its happening and if there is any good solution to prevent this orange water seeping through such as sealing the spots where its happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Painted the garden walls white during the summer, one of which is shared with a neighbour. 6 months on and there is 5 spots where orange liquid has seeped through the wall and has stained it, Im presuming this is iron. What could it be thats causing it? The neighbour has bushes entirely covering his side of the wall and the wall is not capped on top either. Was wondering how/why its happening and if there is any good solution to prevent this orange water seeping through such as sealing the spots where its happening?

Paint those spots in an oil based paint that should retain whatevers in it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I would star with capping the wall as it will be a source of hydrostatic pressure which is pushing out the liquid

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I would star with capping the wall as it will be a source of hydrostatic pressure which is pushing out the liquid

What's hydrostatic pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's hydrostatic pressure?

Water entering from the top of the wall

Advertisement