Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing an American fridge

Options
  • 02-12-2020 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Does anybody know it it’s reasonable to consider plumbing an American fridge using the water supply from the washing machine? In the picture, I’m thinking that there is a water supply in the utility and it could be run around the edge (or under the flooring but this worries me a bit) of the utility to the fridge on the left of the oven.

Does this make sense and would a plumber be able to so similar? Would it need to be done before flooring? Is there any other risk with doing something like this or a better way?

It’s a new build, but no changes allowed, so I expect the builders won’t be very helpful...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It needs to be a fresh water supply (i.e. what the kitchen tap uses), the washing machine could be plumbed off the mains, but more often comes from the attic tank (dishwasher tend to be mains due to the proximity to the kitchen sink).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Ya fine. That will be mains.

You can get a very clear line that hides well anywhere it's visible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭monseiur

You may be able to tee off (in the attic) off the rising main to attic storage tank and drop the feed down at the back of fridge out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Alot of over complication in this thread

Advertisement