Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 Line Fault

Options
  • 01-12-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Morning Everyone

Hope someone can help, my elderly mum lives alone in Rosslare Harbour and has a hkc quantum 70 wireless panel.

Her analog telephone (and broadband) line developed a fault, and a vodaphone technician came out, and fixed her internal wall socket, but has somehow disconnected the alarm from the line.

The alarm was giving line fault on the panel, and beeping ever so often, i had to go down to her last night, open the panel and disconnect the bell.

She used to be signed upto the HKC test alert service, but it was discontinued after they couldnt offer it to vodafone customers.

What are my options now, is the GSM wifi card any good? I need to check the panel version to see if it will work.

Is there any way of switching off the line dial out on the control panel, so i can reconnect the bell in the panel. The engineer gave me a 4 digit engineer code, when he originally fitted it but he is gone out of the business now.

Can anyone tell me how to get into engineer mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

Al.Wex wrote: »
    Morning Everyone

Hope someone can help, my elderly mum lives alone in Rosslare Harbour and has a hkc quantum 70 wireless panel.

Her analog telephone (and broadband) line developed a fault, and a vodaphone technician came out, and fixed her internal wall socket, but has somehow disconnected the alarm from the line.

The alarm was giving line fault on the panel, and beeping ever so often, i had to go down to her last night, open the panel and disconnect the bell.

She used to be signed upto the HKC test alert service, but it was discontinued after they couldnt offer it to vodafone customers.

What are my options now, is the GSM wifi card any good? I need to check the panel version to see if it will work.

Is there any way of switching off the line dial out on the control panel, so i can reconnect the bell in the panel. The engineer gave me a 4 digit engineer code, when he originally fitted it but he is gone out of the business now.

Can anyone tell me how to get into engineer mode?

You would need the engineer code to disable the line monitor.
    You would also need the engineer code to add the GSM/WIFI.
    It does offer more information than just a text from the system when using the app.

Advertisement