Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transform bathtub pipe in shower, help needed!

Options
  • 30-11-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

So, I recently moved into a house and there is one electric shower which has really low pressure so showering is disaster, I have also notice that pressure on bathtub is about 10x times stronger but pipe is some kind older one so I can't attach shower hose. Below you can see pictures how this is looking, any help what can I put there so I can attach shower hose to it? Also replacing whole pipe in bathtub is no option unfortunately. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Electric showers are not known for their high pressure. I think what you might be looking for is a move to a powered shower or a mixer. But that also means that you would need to have hot water available to feed the new shower.

Electric shower will heat water all year round but not have superb pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You can change the bath mixer set for one with a shower head but if the cold water tank is only a few feet above the bathroom then the electric shower should have better pressure. Perhaps the electric shower needs repair or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sashab

listermint wrote: »
    Electric showers are not known for their high pressure. I think what you might be looking for is a move to a powered shower or a mixer. But that also means that you would need to have hot water available to feed the new shower.

Electric shower will heat water all year round but not have superb pressure.

I can't and won't change anything, I just need something to attach to this bathtub pipe so I can screw shower hose, something like this below:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51-pE7s2TcL._AC_.jpg

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You can change the bath mixer set for one with a shower head but if the cold water tank is only a few feet above the bathroom then the electric shower should have better pressure. Perhaps the electric shower needs repair or replacement.

I can't and won't change anything, I just need something to attach to this bathtub pipe so I can screw shower hose, something like this below:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51-pE7s2TcL._AC_.jpg

sashab wrote:

Best of luck so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Best of luck so

It's likely a rented house so nothing can be changed.

I can't speak for this website, but looks like it would suit perfectly.

https://www.fruugo.ie/bathroom-sink-faucet-sprayer-set/p-50294987-100739737?language=en&ac=croud&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ejN3r6t7QIVkOvtCh3usAp9EAQYCCABEgKYIPD_BwE

OP, what model is the electric shower? In order to get a comfortable temperature, do you set the knob high or low?

Electric showers regulate temperature by adjusting the water flow rate. Cool = more flow = less time for the water to get hot, and vise versa.

If you're setting the temperature towards the red, then the likelihood is that the shower is just not very powerful.

If you need to set it low for it to be comfortable, then the likelihood is that the shower or showerhead has limescale which can be cleaned.

It's likely a rented house so nothing can be changed.

An electric shower running on only one element can be changed or repaired by LL.

Water pressure is based on the height of the cold water tank in the attic. If the bath in the photo is upstairs then the water pressure will better from a working electric than from the bath mixer set. OP is looking at water flowing from the bath mixer. This is fed from 3/4 inch pipe. If you put a shower hose on it you reduce it to 1/2 inch. Putting a shower head on the hose reduces it further. By the time all the this is done op will have better flow from the electric shower. If this wasn't the case then the Pumped electric shower would never have been invented specially for the Irish Market. Unless the bath is downstairs then op is looking in the wrong place for improved water pressure

Bathtub is located upstairs and water tank is above in attic about 3 meter left from shower. Electric shower pressure is the same on cold or hot water, but when I open pipe in bathtub from which hot water is coming from gas pressure is great and much stronger than on electric shower. And yes house is rented but even that is not problem, since plumber told me that he can't change pipe on bathtub since it's build wrongly and he would need to break whole tub and break everything to start from beginning.

Advertisement