Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overhead ESB cable running through site

Options
  • 30-11-2020 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently at the PP stage to demolish an existing house and rebuild on the same site. I have an issue with ESB cables running though the site at the precise point of where a section of my new dwelling will sit. The cable also runs though some trees on the site about 7 or 8 meters from the back of the proposed house. My question is, will the ESB charge me a fortune to move this cable or do I have any hope of getting them to do this work at a reduced rate as it poses a danger?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Hurler85 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently at the PP stage to demolish an existing house and rebuild on the same site. I have an issue with ESB cables running though the site at the precise point of where a section of my new dwelling will sit. The cable also runs though some trees on the site about 7 or 8 meters from the back of the proposed house. My question is, will the ESB charge me a fortune to move this cable or do I have any hope of getting them to do this work at a reduced rate as it poses a danger?

Thanks

You will have to contact ESB Networks to apply to have it moved. There may well be a charge for it. I wouldn't be counting on any reduced rate due to it posing a danger.

The risk is arising from the new dwelling being built close to it, not from the overhead line which is currently in situ.

Application process can be found on the ESB website.

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/alterations-meter-work/relocate-a-pole-or-line

Advertisement