Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini bar drinks.

Options
  • 30-11-2020 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    First off apologies I don’t really know where to put this question, but does anyone know where I can get mini bar bottles of spirits and wines etc?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    First off apologies I don’t really know where to put this question, but does anyone know where I can get mini bar bottles of spirits and wines etc?
    Thanks.

Do you mean the 187ml bottles of wine?
    Is so, Lidl and Aldi do them, would assume Tesco do them as well.

The smaller bottles of vodka etc are normally behind the counter in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Do you mean the 187ml bottles of wine?
    Is so, Lidl and Aldi do them, would assume Tesco do them as well.

The smaller bottles of vodka etc are normally behind the counter in Tesco.

To be honest I’m not sure what sizes I’m looking for. I know half size bottles of wine are too big for what I’m looking to do (advent calendar made from kitchen roll centres, into the shape of a Xmas tree).
    Half bottles of wine are too big for the centre piece of the kitchen roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You can get quarter size wine bottles in nearly every supermarket. winesonline.ie do some miniature bottles of spirits like you get on an airplane or in a hotel mini bar. I have ordered from them before and it is excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Great stuff I will try this out, I wandered into Lidl and a Tesco earlier and came across a very limited offering of half or smaller bottles. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

tom1ie wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Thanks.

In the run up to Christmas, Lidl usually do the gift packs of mini rums/gins/whiskey/ports etc. 3 or 4 bottles to a set. The bottle is about a double or generous triple measure depending on what set/drink purchased. Usually get these to put a few small btls into Christmas bags I knock up for the team that work for my other half. They would probably be a perfect fit for your advent calendars.

Advertisement