Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone saying deal im on doesnt exist

Options
  • 30-11-2020 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, so i signed up to Vodafone Gigabyte in April. The deal was meant to be €20 for 6 month and then €35 for 6 months but they are telling me now its €45 for the next 6 months.

The only evidence of the deal doesn't have the second 6 months on it, just says €20 for the first 6 months. I wrote down for myself what the deal was just in case but its not of any use. The Vodafone guy on the phone at the time said to not be worried about this that the deal is in place.

This is super sneaky and just wondering anyone else have the same crap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got that deal back when siro first came here, a few years ago. They changed the deal the week of.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 masterofp

Did you sign up with a door to door salesman or via phone? I think the ordering via phone is recorded on their end? Ask them to play you the T&C where you were offered €45/month after 6 payments of €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I got the same deal and had the same issue. But I had evidence of the deal when I stored the chat messages I had with the Vodafone sales person.
    Keep pushing them for the deal you agreed.
    And it goes up to 55 after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Vodafone when they send out details of a contract often include the full price without the agreed discount. I was told "not to worry about it, that the discount will apply correctly" but this makes it difficult to dispute with them at a later date if they do not apply the discounts correctly.

Contract details should match with agreed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 justjoe

masterofp wrote: »
    Did you sign up with a door to door salesman or via phone? I think the ordering via phone is recorded on their end? Ask them to play you the T&C where you were offered €45/month after 6 payments of €20.

I was just thinking about this, ill give them a shout tomorrow.
    Must be plenty of people in the same boat, very professional of them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Was just on the phone there, i have to send a letter requesting the data and can take 30 days to arrive.

The guy on the phone was saying he could see it and was trying to tell me that the deal is what it is now and not what i have wrote down as ins €20 for 6 months then €35 for 6 months. At this point i don't even trust the transcript will be legitimate when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Was just on the phone there, i have to send a letter requesting the data and can take 30 days to arrive.

By post? AFAIK they have to accept email or phone Subject Access Requests under GDPR. There might be an option to do this in My Vodafone portal. Check all the menu options for a copy of the contract.

Some more info...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/privacy/privacy-faqs.html

Sales call recordings are retained for 2 years so if they say it's deleted then they've ignored their own rules.

In any event they are supposed to provide a contract that outlines costs and duration etc.

The guy on the phone was saying he could see it and was trying to tell me that the deal is what it is now and not what i have wrote down as ins €20 for 6 months then €35 for 6 months. At this point i don't even trust the transcript will be legitimate when it arrives

Too late now but in future record the calls when agreeing a contract with any utility company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

JTMan wrote: »
    Vodafone when they send out details of a contract often include the full price without the agreed discount. I was told "not to worry about it, that the discount will apply correctly" but this makes it difficult to dispute with them at a later date if they do not apply the discounts correctly.

Contract details should match with agreed price.
    im new to VF just month over and awaiting Dec bill, but what struck me that i signed up for 40quid 1Gbps deal, bill comes in at 85e, then lists of many discounts etc.

what grinds me thou that once called support to ask, about way im billed, they said yeah its for 10days plus month, so it was like 65e total.
    but once pressed will i get normal bill of 40quid, answer was yeah around that price like wtf :confused:.

as theres several discounts listed but one needs to be some expert to decrypt it, anyhow will need to wait till next bill, as 85e plan they dont even have that on site or anywhere. not bad BB one outage in months time so far that was fixed in proper time frame, but support is sketchy AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

scamalert wrote: »
    im new to VF just month over and awaiting Dec bill, but what struck me that i signed up for 40quid 1Gbps deal, bill comes in at 85e, then lists of many discounts etc.

what grinds me thou that once called support to ask, about way im billed, they said yeah its for 10days plus month, so it was like 65e total.
    but once pressed will i get normal bill of 40quid, answer was yeah around that price like wtf :confused:.

as theres several discounts listed but one needs to be some expert to decrypt it, anyhow will need to wait till next bill, as 85e plan they dont even have that on site or anywhere. not bad BB one outage in months time so far that was fixed in proper time frame, but support is sketchy AF.

The temporary vat will make it lower than 40, maybe they meant?

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    By post? AFAIK they have to accept email or phone Subject Access Requests under GDPR. There might be an option to do this in My Vodafone portal. Check all the menu options for a copy of the contract.

Some more info...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/privacy/privacy-faqs.html

Sales call recordings are retained for 2 years so if they say it's deleted then they've ignored their own rules.

In any event they are supposed to provide a contract that outlines costs and duration etc.

Too late now but in future record the calls when agreeing a contract with any utility company.

Im gonna go on chat tomorrow and try and get it, i see no option to request a copy of the contract when i sign in.

Im gonna go on chat tomorrow and try and get it, i see no option to request a copy of the contract when i sign in.

It might be different for broadband but on PAYG phone portal it's at...

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/customer-support.html#tabs-tab-2

If that doesn't work then try...

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/customer-support.html

Data request...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/user-settings/request-information.html

They seem to be trying to steer towards postal requests which is awkward on their part. Vodafone UK have an online request option so try to push them to accept email or phone SAR.

It might be different for broadband but on PAYG phone portal it's at...

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/customer-support.html#tabs-tab-2

If that doesn't work then try...

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/customer-support.html

Data request...
    https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/user-settings/request-information.html

They seem to be trying to steer towards postal requests which is awkward on their part. Vodafone UK have an online request option so try to push them to accept email or phone SAR.

Sweet i sent the data request today, thanks for that link

Did they accept request online or does it need to be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Had a similar problem with Eir, charging more than agreed on the phone. Went to Comreg and had it sorted within 10 days. Found it quick process all told as wasn't getting any joy when speaking to Eir. https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/prs/contact-consumer-care-2/

scamalert wrote: »

I had the identical experience. Switched to Vodafone from Sky in August. The deal was €40 for BB and TV. My first bill was €69. My contract letter only stated the FULL amount not €40 which really annoyed me and worried me too as I thought someone had messed up. When I rang them they said "dont worry, the discounts will apply and your bill will only be €40".......but my point was I had NOTHING in writing to say I was on the special €40 deal so they could basically do what they like. Its extremely underhand.

I paid €69 as I paid for half a month and a full month together. Since then my bills are €40 and now even a bit lower due to VAT reduction. I am keeping an eye on them especially when it comes to the end of contract and might move again at that stage. SKY were great but the minute I was off contract my bill almost doubled and I found it very hard to finally get away from them (Direct debits continuing etc)

It was the online request form and you email it to their data department, havent heard anything back yet

I done it online and received the info today

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...and does it confirm your side of the story?

Read through the chat log and the text is saying €20 per month for 6 month and then €45 the next 6 months. Could have been altered so i can do nothing

• Advertisement

Read through the chat log and the text is saying €20 per month for 6 month and then €45 the next 6 months. Could have been altered so i can do nothing

First post says it was by phone call? Is that what the chat log refers to or is that separate? If there was a call then that's also personal data and should be available as sales call recordings are retained for 2 years (according to VF).

Depends how far you want to take it, there should be a contract with all terms set out, did they provide that? Comreg have issued notices to ISPs in the past stipulating that they HAVE to provide a contract...not just a chat transcript.

Does the chat transcript have this part included...
    The Vodafone guy on the phone at the time said to not be worried about this that the deal is in place

....if that was said in the phone call then they should provide that recording or else you should have been given the contract at the time.

They only sent a transcript and not the call that day, i think its been altered but i cant do anything. I have no evidence of it. A chat transcript can be easily altered.

OK but was it a call transcript or a chat window transcript?

If it's a call transcript then surely it would have the part where he said the deal was in place and not to worry? They hardly transcribed the call 6 months ago, they must have done that when the request was submitted so they still have the call recording which they should provide.

Either way the lack of a contract document is grounds for a formal complaint that Comreg can adjudicate on.

Advertisement