Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Declaration of Work Required?

• 30-11-2020 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭

I'm having a BER assessment done on a property I bought last year. Back in 2013 the previous owners had roof insulation installed and cavity walls pumped via the SEAI Home Energy Grants Programme.

When having the new BER done now, do I need proof of this work for it to be included? I know it was done through a counter-party (Kingspan), but I can see the measures logged as "Remittance Sent" in the SEAI Home Energy Grants portal today. I did not receive any documentation for this work when purchasing the property.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Did you not get a BER with the house when you purchased it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Did you not get a BER with the house when you purchased it last year?

We did but I never looked at the cert, was only concerned with the rating and advisory report. Plus I found the most important details on the online BER database. I can root out the actual cert, will that contain relevant info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

OP I'm curious, why do you want another BER done now?
    What relevant info are you looking for?

MicktheMan wrote: »
    OP I'm curious, why do you want another BER done now?
    What relevant info are you looking for?

Applying for a grant from SEAI that requires I have a new BER done after the works are complete.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Been down this road myself recently, and it's a monumental minefield, as SEAI seem to be clearing out any information more than 7 years old, even though the contractor provided a guarantee of 25 years, and getting accurate information about what product was used to pump the cavities of our house has been a nightmare, as it's not documented in the BER that was done after the work. We were looking at options, and needed an up to date BER to see if we are eligible for grant aid on things. There was next to no information provided at the time of the work being done, so getting accurate details now has proved to be a challenge.

I'm less than impressed with the whole energy area right now, but that's not appropriate to this thread, suffice to say that I may end up talking to SEAI about what the customer is supposed to get after a BER has been done, as there seems to be some confusion about what is or is not part of a BER.

Good luck with your search.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Biker1

mp3guy wrote: »
    Applying for a grant from SEAI that requires I have a new BER done after the works are complete.

I'm afraid your only chance of getting the DOW form is if the assessor that done the BER will have a copy and is willing to give it to you.

Biker1 wrote: »
    I'm afraid your only chance of getting the DOW form is if the assessor that done the BER will have a copy and is willing to give it to you.

It's the same assessor as 7 years ago... only I don't think he recalls doing the house.

Any reason the original party who carried out the work wouldn't hand it over if they had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Biker1

mp3guy wrote: »
    It's the same assessor as 7 years ago... only I don't think he recalls doing the house.

Any reason the original party who carried out the work wouldn't hand it over if they had it?

Chances are the contractor didn't keep a copy of the forms whereas the assessor would have in case he was audited and would be required to provide it then.

Advertisement