Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked drain in back garden

Options
  • 29-11-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Not sure I'm in right forum but looking for advice please.
    I live in a private rented house and there are two drains/manholes in my back garden.

Back in April, sewage/waste started coming up through the two. I called Dyno Rod and they cleared it but said blockage is coming from a house two doors down - 12 metres away.

This house isn't even connected to ours but apparently our drain is the highest point, all the waste gathers here.

I called to neighbours and neither house- right next door or house where problem is apparently coming from had any problems.

Same thing happened in mid November and a different company cleared it and called to "problem house" and reckon problem might be that they've built an extension out the back and part of it was built over drain. The neighbour he spoke to wasn't very receptive.

It happened 10 days later and drainage company(not Dyno-Rod) cleared it for free. They said it can be fixed by putting camera down, seeing where blockage is and repairing it.

It has now happened again, back yard swimming with waste.
    I have cancer so have to be extremely careful and I'm at my wit's end now and feel physically sick.

What do I do? (apologies for long, rambling post)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Contact the environmental section of your local authority for advice.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Meeoow

If you are renting, I would contact your landlord. They should sort it in my opinion.

Advertisement