Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV Anywhere app issue?

Options
  • 29-11-2020 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

Yesterday the Virgin TV Anywhere app dropped a load of basic channels (BBC1, VM1, VM2, RTE News and others), they were not available in the Now On TV tab, and no longer listed on the TV Guide. I feared they were reducing their service without notice, as they are known to do. Today the TV section of the app is completely blank, no channels available at all and the Guide just says "No programme data available" for everything, though channels missing yesterday are at least listed today. I don't see this issue listed on Virgin's website as a fault.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm reluctant to try uninstall and waste one of the precious device changes allowed per month if it's a widespread fault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Mine is working perfectly. I have the 360 boxes. The app might be different if you have older box -not sure.

I would try just logging out and maybe cleaning up device off cache etc. before de-installing and re-installing the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a go. It's a Horizon box.

So, logged out. Then tried to clear app cache. The only option I could find was to "Offload App", which was basically uninstall. Reinstalled, logged back in and no change unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I have 360 also and my app is working fine.

I see it's a widespread issue now, with lots of people tweeting them about it. Maybe it is only affecting Horizon customers though. So disappointing, have missed His Dark Materials on BBC over it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I have no channels available on my app too. I too don't have a 360 box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I have the same problem - tried to watch something on VM1 over the weekend on the ipad and was confused as to where it had gone. Noticed other random channels missing too like BBC1. Sure enough when I go into the app now it says "no channels available". Although in the TV guide the missing channels are now listed, but I cant watch anything live. I'm a Horizon customer.

It has resolved for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Channels are back for me now.

Advertisement