Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intelligentsia Black Cat - Group Buy?

Options
  • 27-11-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

20% off this weekend, roast and shipping on the 1st Dec.

5lb (Just over 2kg) of Black Cat Espresso beans reduces to 67.20 USD and Shipping at 55.23 USD. Saving on shipping at scale. What do you think?

20lbs delivered at 363.24 USD / 38 Euro per Kg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Tazium wrote: »
    20% off this weekend, roast and shipping on the 1st Dec.

5lb (Just over 2kg) of Black Cat Espresso beans reduces to 67.20 USD and Shipping at 55.23 USD. Saving on shipping at scale. What do you think?

20lbs delivered at 363.24 USD / 38 Euro per Kg.

Have you factored in customs and related charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

no vat on food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

no vat on food

Thanks for the info.... surely there's some charge to be paid....maybe not VAT but something... cannot be that straight forward. I'd be delighted to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

No I don't think so

I'm interested anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

If i remember correctly last time a group buy was done from states there was no extra tax, may be wrong is long time since it was done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Intelligentsia gave us free delivery on a group buy before. Must have been 10+ years ago at this stage though. Worth emailing them to ask what they can do rather than just ordering online.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

We've been hit by the revenue before.

I'd order some filter rather than Black Cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

adrian522 wrote: »
    Intelligentsia gave us free delivery on a group buy before. Must have been 10+ years ago at this stage though. Worth emailing them to ask what they can do rather than just ordering online.

I was part of that group buy and still think the black cat is the best espresso I’ve tried. Been a while and thousands of espresso since, just saying.

Advertisement